User avatar

Heidigirl666

  • Writing Tips Re: Music & Writing

    I play music all the time while I'm writing. Not only does it drown out any other distracting sounds, but I think it really helps if I play music that's ...

    Mar 9, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Do you carry a notebook with you?

    Not always. If I'm really into something, I'll carry my notebook everywhere so I can write whenever the mood strikes me, but I usually manage to retain ideas that pounce ...

    Mar 9, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Takes one to write one?

    Not sure it exactly works like that :shock: , but yes, probably, to write really dark stuff you do at least have to be in touch with your dark side ...

    Mar 7, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Fighting scenes

    Oh, me too, I'm not great at fight scenes. I think conciseness (that doesn't look like a word, but I'm sure it is) is the way to go though. Fights ...

    Mar 7, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Agent or Publisher: who do I contact first?

    Yep, agent probably best. Publishing companies are more likely to consider manuscripts sent to them through an agent, as it's already gone through their selection process, and an agent won't ...

    Mar 7, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Writing from the POV of the opposite gender?

    It's funny actually, I used to write a lot from a girls POV, but everything I've written in the last few years even has been mostly from a guy's perspective. ...

    Mar 7, 2008
  • Research Re: Landscape

    What on earth for? If you can't be more specific and give details, then people can't help. :wink:

    Mar 7, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Baptism in Blood

    I'll have to admit to not reading all of it :roll: , but I've observed a few things from what I did read. You had some good powerful imagery, and ...

    Mar 7, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Patrick Swayze has Cancer

    It doesn't say it's terminal... :roll: It says he's responding to treatment.

    Mar 7, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Deleted

    Are you trying to be funny? :shock: All good points though. I do have a habit of repeating things. :D And I could think of another word. I like saying ...

    Mar 4, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How do you lengthen your novel -- HELP Me, PLEASE!

    Nooo!!!! :shock: Dialogue is not the way to go. You'll only end up with a lot of empty dialogue that only adds to the quantity and not the quality. But ...

    Mar 4, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Deleted

    Deleted.

    Mar 4, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: My Brother Has A Gun

    Hmmm...I'm not sure I really liked this, but I think probably with some revision it could be quite good. At the moment it just seemed to lack feeling. And don't ...

    Mar 4, 2008
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: The Human Bullet

    I liked the beginning, but the ending came across as a little bit rushed. This bit: The young assassin inside was fuming at his adversary’s advance. He knew they would ...

    Mar 4, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Ideas & Inspirations

    :shock: Um...I'm insane??? :lol: I was trying to explain this to someone the other day, and thankfully for once they didn't look at me like I was crazy. Most people ...

    Mar 3, 2008


Be the annoying goose you want to see in the world.
— Welcome to Night Vale