User avatar

Heidigirl666

  • Writing Tips Re: Is your first sentence ugly?

    Maybe you're just seeing examples of first lines that you don't like. It's all down to opinion. I'd have to say I didn't agree with much of that; it's probably ...

    Mar 16, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: 3rd Person to Diary, Good Idea?

    Personally I would avoid it; switching perspective is one thing, but changing from third to first person will most likely ruin the flow, and seems unnecessary to me. Stick to ...

    Mar 16, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Need TITLE to finnished book!

    I always get that. :roll: Luckily I began my most recent novel with a title so didn't get to the end without one. I did have this problem with my ...

    Mar 16, 2008
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Chance of Snow 1

    I'm afraid I'll have to say I didn't enjoy reading this much, but I think it could be a good piece with some work. I just found the beginning a ...

    Mar 16, 2008
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Kidnapped C1 : Goodbye boring life, hello horror flick

    I thought this was a good start, although I did think the MC was a bit too cool. She came across to me as about sixteen, but in that case, ...

    Mar 15, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    A book about the holocaust...no, it's not, but it is about a Jewish guy and his grandfather is a holocaust survivor. That's sort of very close. :D Big Island, Little ...

    Mar 15, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Good Will

    Wow. I really like this; it was a very strong piece of writing. I wouldn't agree with everything KJ said, but yes, there are some parts where the tenses are ...

    Mar 15, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: I hate Harry Potter; now discuss.

    I have read most of LOTR, all of Chronicles of Narnia, and five of the HP books. I still think it's blatant plagiarism in a lot of instances. In an ...

    Mar 15, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    Ah! Now I don't know which one to comment on. :roll: Hmmm, 'Neither Snow nor Rain' sounds kind of cool. Sounds like some sort of emotional drama to me, but ...

    Mar 14, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: A Synopsis?

    Write out what happens right at the beginning. Write out what happens right at the end. Then fill in the gaps with the bare essential events which move one thing ...

    Mar 11, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Need help deciding on a collage major

    Don't worry about it for many years to come is my advice. :roll: I always thought it was bad enough having other people pressuring you about what you're going to ...

    Mar 11, 2008
  • Fanfiction Novels Re: Outpost 101 - Chapter 5

    was supposed to be funny? :? Only just noticed it was in Fanfiction and says comedy... :? Is there supposed to be cheesy narration? :? Still don't like it anyway...

    Mar 11, 2008
  • Fanfiction Novels Re: Outpost 101 - Chapter 5

    I quite like this as a piece of dialogue. However... The 'Meanwhile...' bits are kind of cheesy, like a film with a really bad narrator, like George of the Jungle. ...

    Mar 11, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: I hate Harry Potter; now discuss.

    The longer and longer people go on being obsessed about Harry Potter, the more I start getting annoyed, and the more I feel like a really good argument over it. ...

    Mar 9, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Bonjour

    Welcome!!! :) I'm relatively new here myself, but I can testify that it is addictive!!! Take a look at the user groups, they're really great and there are tonnes to ...

    Mar 9, 2008


Man is by nature a political animal.
— Aristotle