User avatar

Heidigirl666

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Gay people and Adoption

    I think it only matters that kids have a stable home life. It shouldn't matter if you have a single parent, or two dads, or two mums, so long as ...

    Mar 21, 2008
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Reunion

    I only scanned over this, but one thing I did notice is that it's a little repetative, especially at the beginning. For example, here: Across the ocean, a fire descended ...

    Mar 21, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: In Between Life and Flesh

    Ooh. Weird. :D I was a little puzzled by the migraine thing; I have migraines, my dad has migraines, and I know tonnes of other people with migraines, and they ...

    Mar 21, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Under age drinking

    I think twenty one is a ridiculous legal drinking age. So you're legally an adult, can drive, get married, fight in a war, but you can't have a few beers ...

    Mar 21, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: How do you like your writing to look in a writing program?

    I had a phase where I went changing the fonts every five seconds, and then a phase of doing it in really tiny writing, mostly because then it makes nice ...

    Mar 20, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: how do you like my story

    Punctuation, punctuation, punctuation. :wink: You particularly need to put a lot of commas in. Remember, as I recently pointed out to someone else, commas are your friend. :wink: They help ...

    Mar 20, 2008
  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: The Final Musings of an Old General

    I thought this was pretty good, but it confused me a little at the end. Have some suggestions too; punctuation is what mostly lets you down: and bright incandescence flashes. ...

    Mar 20, 2008
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: EON. Everything or nothing!

    I can only say one thing: Infodumping. :shock: Having loads of description and background in one place can get tiresome to say the least. If you want people to know ...

    Mar 20, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: A Cobweb

    Alternately a writer and a professional bum? :smt043 I liked that, because it's probably what I am too, also depending on my optimism levels. :wink: :D Welcome to YWS! I ...

    Mar 20, 2008
  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: The Smell of Victory

    I liked this. Don't have that many suggestions, but watch out for repetition. For example, here: The Sergeant and his four remaining soldiers all inhaled deeply. With that, the remaining ...

    Mar 20, 2008
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Pianissimo

    I liked it, characters definitely credible, doesn't need any more. My brain is mushy and I can't think properly and there are only a few things I can think of ...

    Mar 18, 2008
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: Co-operate and Live, or Disobay and Die

    I'm afraid I only scanned over this, because right away from the beginning it didn't appear to be very well developed. You ramble a lot, and the dialogue isn't very ...

    Mar 18, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Are Schooldays the Happiest days of ones Life ??????

    Childhood=good School=bad :D I mean being a kid isn't so bad when you look back on it, and having no real responsibility is good, and not having to worry about ...

    Mar 18, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: I hate Harry Potter; now discuss.

    To me, that seems to show that this is anything but plagarism, it's almost a salute to the people who originally thought them up. Tell that to the authors who, ...

    Mar 16, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Favorite Form of Procrastination?

    Play Minesweeper. Or Tetris. Or post on forums. :roll: I've always wanted to know though, is saying the word 'procrastination' a bit of an American thing? In the UK, if ...

    Mar 16, 2008


Vampires aren't real, but you know what is? And far more annoying? MOSQUITOS
— LadyMysterio