User avatar

Heidigirl666

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: BSL is it right?

    They've had a lot of talk about this in Switzerland where I live recently, because of one or two attacks on young children. However, these were with dogs who had ...

    Mar 25, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: John's Query

    I liked the beginning of this, it was dramatic and interesting, but there was a bit of repetition, for example the word 'echo' being repeated in the same sentence, and ...

    Mar 25, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: A quote to start your book

    I love quotes, hoard them in my computer and quote them to other people whenenver I can, but in my writing, no, never. I don't want to rely on other ...

    Mar 24, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Looking for a good book

    It's not young adult, but have you ever read the Charlie Parker books by John Conolly? They're kind of crime/horror and really creepy. Basically Charlie Parker is a private dectective; ...

    Mar 24, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    The Gathering by Anne Enright. It's really, really good, but I've nearly finished it. :D

    Mar 24, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Existence of Hell

    the Bible is full of very jewish eschatological (end of the world) imagery It was my understanding that there isn't actually a lot of mention of hell in Judaism, so ...

    Mar 24, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Standardized Tests

    :shock: Yikes. The only multiple choice exams we ever had were for our modular exams for Double Science GCSEs, and everyone knows Double Science is useless anyway... :roll: Talk about ...

    Mar 24, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Standardized Tests

    Us too for our GCSEs. We just kept getting told 'you need to put this, this and this for the exam'. I think I wasted a good few years of ...

    Mar 24, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Stereo types: more or less true?

    Stereotypes are like charicatures, they are huge exaggerations, but the particular traits that they often show do come from somewhere. They either come from outdated ideas that have hung around, ...

    Mar 24, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Does age really matter?

    I personally wouldn't put my age if I were only fifteen. I'm sure publishers don't discriminate purposefully because of age, but if you see that someone is thirteen or fourteen ...

    Mar 22, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: The Fire of Betrayal

    I like this, however, there are a few parts which don't quite fit in tone with the rest of it. Stanza three is too casual, and just doesn't sound right. ...

    Mar 22, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Of Secrets

    Wow. I really liked this, apart from the second stanza doesn't quite fit in rhythm with the rest of it. The last line of the third stanza doesn't fit either. ...

    Mar 22, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Sea Spray

    I like this; it's a good short, strong piece, however, there are a few irrelevant passages and some repetition. For example, you don't need to say his steps were uneven ...

    Mar 22, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: How Old is Too Old?

    If you're both adults then it shouldn't matter, but it depends on a lot of things, particularly that both people are similar in terms of emotional maturity. My brother is ...

    Mar 22, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortions

    I think you mean between they work between 95-99% of the time, and fail 1-5% :wink: Strictly speaking, I don't think there is anything wrong with abortion if it is ...

    Mar 21, 2008


How can I be king of the world? Because I am king of rubbish. And rubbish is what the world is made of.
— Kate DiCamillo, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane