User avatar

Heidigirl666

  • Writers Corner Re: How long should you wait?

    I usually leave very little time, which can be a bad thing because you're too involved in your novel and not looking at it objectively enough. I'd try and leave ...

    Mar 26, 2008
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: Our Sacrifices, Will They Be In Vain?

    It had to have been ten minutes since either of us spoke. This immediately comes across as a little clumsy and gramtically awkward. It would be better as: 'It had ...

    Mar 26, 2008
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: A Drunk Paul Revere

    I asked, than hiccupped. Then , not than. :wink: That's the only thing I immediately noticed, and yeah, a little bit more description would be nice. Otherwise, I liked it. ...

    Mar 26, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    'I used to love that film when I was a kid as well.'-Ethan 'You what?'-Blake 'Pay attention. The film, Babe, I used to love it. One of my foster parents ...

    Mar 25, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Christmas.

    The important thing is, we are celebrating the birth of the person who is the reason we are Christians. Dismissing it as unimportant is rude to thoes of us who ...

    Mar 25, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    'Ooh, sarcasm. Are you going to start fighting?'-Ethan. 'Please do. We love to see other people arguing as much as we do.'-Blake

    Mar 25, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Would you rather be deaf, blind, or mute?

    None of them would bother me since I can touch type. That's the only thing I'd worry about if I was blind, being able to write. :D If I woke ...

    Mar 25, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Gay people and Adoption

    Ooh, I love going off on a tangeant. Actually, if you examine the bible closely then it says very little about homosexuality; at the most it probably makes a vague ...

    Mar 25, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: What would YOU do?

    You didn't put a question. :wink: What would you do if you were stuck in the desert?

    Mar 25, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: What would YOU do?

    Lie down and let it eat me. I can't run to save my life, literally. What would you do if you could suddenly control the weather?

    Mar 25, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Hello, my name is...

    My name is Blake and you'd better not mess with me or you'll end up like my brother.

    Mar 25, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: What would YOU do?

    Talk back. :D What would you do if you suddenly found one of your characters brought to life and standing in your bedroom?

    Mar 25, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    'Dreaming, easy? You haven't been inside my dreams. It's seriously freaky stuff too, stuff you don't wanna be real.'-Blake 'Aw, babe...you wanna talk about it?'-Ethan 'Nah. What am I, a ...

    Mar 25, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    'Let's get one thing straight. I don't do sympathy.'-Ethan 'And too right neither of us have got anything to be all tra la la about.'-Blake *Ethan looks dreamily at Blake.* ...

    Mar 25, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    'Why is this post full of such freaking freaks? It's like being at the freak show at the circus. No wonder we've not been here before.' -Ethan 'God babe, I ...

    Mar 25, 2008


As a writer, I'm more interested in what people tell themselves happened rather than what actually happened.
— Kazuo Ishiguro