User avatar

Heidigirl666

  • Lounge, The Re: Help me write a shopping list!!!

    I am off to the UK tomorrow for the first time in nearly a year (4 am start. I am going to die.) But anyway, I need to stock up ...

    Jun 12, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: I don't know if I can go on

    It's natural to start to detest your writing, especially if you've spent a very long time on it. You have two options; rewrite it and see if it gets better, ...

    Jun 11, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: I'm weird! And proud of it!

    I've never posted on this bit, despite that I do like to talk about myself, mostly because I like to surprise people. This is me, complex, and hopefully interesting: -I ...

    Jun 11, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: You know you're weird when...

    Is there anyone here who doesn't think they're weird? You know you're weird when... You've been so immersed in what's going on in your head that you're completely lost as ...

    Jun 11, 2008
  • Research Re: Buckingham palace airport?

    It's got quite big grounds, and it's pretty much surrounded by parks, on one side is St James's Park, above it is Green Park and behind it (but over a ...

    Jun 9, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Euthanasia

    I think there's a big difference between withdrawing active/supportive treatment and giving drugs to actually end someone's life. It's the latter that most people tend to see a moral dilema ...

    Jun 9, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    'I like new people. So long as they make sense, 'cause most people round here don't, and it does my head in.'-Blake 'You know how like 'red' can be a ...

    Jun 6, 2008
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: Enigma

    I liked it, but I have to agree it is a little rushed, and the accent's are all over the place. For example, where it's supposed to be a Yorkshire ...

    Jun 4, 2008
  • Research Re: Searching for "S" words

    Serendipity!

    Jun 3, 2008
  • Research Re: Blindness

    Blindness that isn't acquired at birth tends to be disease or injury. If it's an injury, it doesn't necessarily have to be to his eyes, it could be a head ...

    May 30, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Swearing In Stories

    It's funny a lot of people consider words like 'damn' and 'hell' to be swearwords. They're just so mild. I don't even think about where I'm putting swearwords in; I ...

    May 25, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Prostitutes; Victims or Criminals?

    I think you need to make a distinction between child prostitution and prostitution through human trafficking, and prostitutes who are controlled by pimps, or are by themselves on street corners, ...

    May 21, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Recent supreme court decision re gay marriage, I'm confused.

    As I understood it, the supreme court's decision is final, being the highest judiciary authority, and therefore the fact that the recent decision that banning gay marriage is illegal, automatically ...

    May 21, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    'Urgh. Fleas. Why would you want to be a flea?'-Blake 'I heard a cool thing on the radio yesterday; did you know you get different types of fleas for different ...

    May 21, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Changing Religion

    I think for most religions, that's not true at all. Most religions are simply belief systems; once you stop adhering to that belief system, how can you still count yourself ...

    May 20, 2008


'Hush, hush!' I whispered; 'people can have many cousins and of all sorts, Miss Cathy, without being any the worse for it; only they needn't keep their company, if they be disagreeable and bad.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights