User avatar

Heidigirl666

  • Fiction Discussion Re: Writing something you haven't experienced

    I think it's definitely all down to imagination and having the ability to empathise; if you have a strong sense of empathy it's easy to imagine what your characters might ...

    Apr 18, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Where did the Dinos Go?

    When dealing with a scientific matter (eg. paleontology) it's best to leave the Bible - or any other religious book - out of it. Sticking with the facts and evidence ...

    Apr 18, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Where did the Dinos Go?

    :? No wonder you're confused. I'm not sure there is a way to make the literal translation of the bible fit with science; however, it you take a more symbolic ...

    Apr 18, 2008
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Dear Houston

    I liked this, and I couldn't find anything to really criticise either; there's only one thing that spoils it for me, do you have to use the word 'homosexuality'? Can ...

    Apr 18, 2008
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: the holocaust *edited.*

    I have to agree, it's a lot of telling rather than showing, and the dialogue was so forced it was actually quite painful to read (especially Daniel's-remember, he's six, and ...

    Apr 18, 2008
  • Research Re: Waiting Rooms

    The only waiting rooms I've ever been in have had the dullest magazines ever, been really quiet (everyone whispering practically) and had really uncomfortable chairs (not great when you're seeing ...

    Apr 17, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Deleted

    Leant is a word. It's British English. Like 'learnt'. :D I know 'and' is used to much in the beginning. Someone already pointed that out, KJ. :wink: I know. I'm ...

    Apr 17, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Are Mormons Christians?

    Can you honestly say that you follow the Bible to the letter? Had any shellfish lately? Had a hair cut? Worn clothes made of two cloths? I suspect the answer ...

    Apr 17, 2008
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: The Tantalizing Cellphone

    Wow, I really like this; the beginning was really powerful and drew you in, and I liked the idea. Using 'gosh' at the end though...bit of a 'goody-goody' type word. ...

    Apr 17, 2008
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Gay Teenage Romance Story

    I agree that the dialogue and grammar need some work. The lack of punctuation in the dialogue is quite distracting. :wink: I also have a suggestion to make; when writing ...

    Apr 17, 2008
  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: Sight.

    This confused me a little; has the main character always been blind, or became blind in childhood? :? Because if she's always been blind it makes little sense (for example ...

    Apr 17, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    'What, you can control the wind? That is like...sweet man, seriously.'-Blake 'I dunno, I can think of better powers to have, like being able to walk through walls.'-Ethan 'Yeah, but ...

    Apr 17, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Deleted

    Deleted; off to enter in a competition. :wink:

    Apr 17, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Grammar Question

    Oh, I get migraines too. They're awful. Although mine tend to be the 'my brain is about to go splat in my skull, must lie in dark room and die' ...

    Apr 17, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: what are some good villan names?

    we could suggest a name like Bob in a fantasy novel. Why couldn't someone in a fantasy novel be called Bob? It's a bit cliched to give all your fantasy ...

    Apr 17, 2008


I think that was when I began to realize that reputation isn't everything. I should focus less about how others perceive me and more about what makes me happy. Because, in the end, I have to live with myself.
— Seraphina