User avatar

HeadInTheClouds

  • Writing Activities Re: The Real Rules Writing Project

    Rule 2657385.00000000023: Don't bring weapons to school. Reason: Other students and faculty could be put in harms way. The Truth: The teachers are just jealous that you have a cool ...

    Feb 19, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Lord of The Rings or Harry Potter?

    My thoughts exactly. LOTR is just too hard a read and/or too complex for a lot of readers to understand.

    Feb 17, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    The Empire of the Wolves by a french author named Jean-Christophe Grange. It says it's sold just just shy of half a million copies worldwide and is very popular in ...

    Feb 16, 2007
  • Art & Photography Re: Fand Does Photography *le gasp!*

    Those pictures are beautiful Fand! I love the one with the Cat.

    Feb 12, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Lord of The Rings or Harry Potter?

    It's pretty close for me, but i'd have to say The Lord of the Rings. I agree that Harry Potter is easier to read, but i've outgrown the earlier ones, ...

    Feb 11, 2007
  • Poetry Discussion Re: How to Eat a Poem

    *smiles fondly at memories of reading Shel Silverstein* I used to love reading those. In my second grade classroom we had a little reading corner where we could go if ...

    Feb 11, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Harry Potter

    I find I can read those over and over again as well. I just never get tired of them. I can't wait for the seventh book to come out. My ...

    Feb 9, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Top 5 Best Books

    I'd like to add one to my list, though i'm not sure if it's allowed. Oh well. The Sight by David Clement-Davies

    Feb 7, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    The Sight by David Clement-Davies. It's a dark fantasy about a wolf pack in Transylvania. I haven't read much yet, but it's really good so far.

    Feb 6, 2007
  • Art & Photography Re: Childhood

    I love the colour. It gives the photo a little something extra that just plain black and white. It gives it an almost antique-y feel.

    Feb 5, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Make Up The Worst Possible Opening Line Ever

    The cows are very happy today. Yeah I know, totally random.

    Feb 4, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Questions for a fantasy writer, generally on preparation

    I'm working on a map for my world right now. It just got so complicated to keep up with where everything was, I decided to make one. I'm having a ...

    Feb 3, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: On Writing Books

    I'm currently in the planning stages of a book right now. It's set in a fantasy world and is getting pretty complicated, so i'm working on drawing a map too. ...

    Feb 3, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Top 5 Best Books

    In no order: The Haunting of Alaizabel Cray by Chris Wooding Storm Thief by Chris Wooding The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkein Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling The ...

    Jan 28, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What makes your story so original?

    *busts into tears* Okay, I admit it! My story has elves! Hehe. But, yeah it really does. But that's really the only Tolkein-related fantasy in my book. And they're not ...

    Jan 28, 2007


Never express yourself more clearly than you are able to think.
— Niels Bohr