User avatar

HeadInTheClouds

  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    I have a friend whose last name is Murdock, so I picture them. A teenage girl I think. Taiest (f)

    Apr 15, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Animal Farm

    We read it in my Language Arts class a while back. At first I found it boring, but that was probably just because I hate being forced to read anything ...

    Apr 15, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Eragon

    Anyways, I think Paolini does have a writing talent, but he just needs to fine tune it. A lot of Eldest made me shudder, but there were a few parts ...

    Apr 15, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    The Amber Spyglass . I haven't read it yet, shame on me. I like it a lot better than The Subtle Knife so far, mainly because TAS has Iorek Byrnison, ...

    Apr 15, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    What's you definition of dream? Something that happens when you. . . .umm. . . .oh dear. . .sleep! That's the word. Something that happens when you sleep. - Tavet ...

    Apr 13, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Eragon

    I actually have to say the first time I read Eragon I thought it was mildly enjoyable. But give me a break, I had just turned eleven at the time. ...

    Apr 13, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Is it wrong to love one of your characters?

    Well, that's half good news and half bad news for me. I love one of my characters but i'm having trouble liking my other ones. Does that mean only one ...

    Apr 11, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Favorites in Classic Literature...

    Hmm. . . .Pretty much everything Baroness Ink mentioned. Gotta love Pride and Predudice . :D We are considering the Lord of the Rings classics right?

    Apr 11, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Lord of The Rings or Harry Potter?

    I agree with Thriving Fire when he said the Lord of the Rings is an aquired taste. I myself have read it several times, the first time being little more ...

    Apr 10, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: FOCUS!

    I'll have to try that monday, when I have off school and won't be bothered by my dad and brother like I am on the weekends. It sounds really interesting.

    Apr 7, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Describe People

    My eleven year-old brother: Dirty blonde hair half covering pale blue eyes, which are usually squinting from the sun. A small button nose that looks slightly out of place, and ...

    Apr 7, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: First Paragraph Feedback

    Hmmm, I like it. I'd definatley want to read more to see what happens to this person, or at least find out what the heck was happening to her. The ...

    Apr 3, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Which authors/books do you hate?

    I don't hate J.K. Rowling, I just don't really like her earlier books and she killed off most of my favourite characters in her later ones, so i'm not too ...

    Apr 3, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    Sounds like a novel about a troubled teenager. Either that or some Alice in Wonderland type thing. Blood Moon

    Apr 2, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Inspiration

    I get inspiration one of two ways. The first is i'll just be watching a movie, reading a book, or just thinking about something, and an idea just pops into ...

    Mar 14, 2007


The bigger the issue, the smaller you write. Remember that. You don’t write about the horrors of war. No. You write about a kid’s burnt socks lying on the road. You pick the smallest manageable part of the big thing, and you work off the resonance.
— Richard Price