User avatar

HeadInTheClouds

  • Media Reviews Re: Eragon

    Like I said, I honestly think most people that DID like the books liked them because the characters were well drawn, and were identifiable. That's what I think, anyway. But, ...

    Apr 29, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Eragon

    I know i shouldn't ask the obvious, but : Why are most of you again Eragon it's not thaat bad... It's not so much for me that the writing is ...

    Apr 29, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    I'm still reading The Amber Spyglass , haven't had much time to read with school and testing and stuff. Still loving it though. I'm also reading A Morbid Taste For ...

    Apr 27, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Trees are certainly easier to understand. Trees don't try to kill you. ~ Taiest

    Apr 26, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: The Roundtable of Dead Heroes

    Maybe authors make the character that's going to die particularly likable, to make their death sad. Apparently. *pout* But why , why Lee? :cry: I will never forget what Philip ...

    Apr 26, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    *not sure how she ended up here* Where am I? *rolls eyes* My writer always gets me into strange places without bothering to tell me. She always seems to be ...

    Apr 25, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Who had the happier ending? (LOTR)

    "I'm sitting up front so Orlando's dreamy eyes are as big as possible." Funny, I sat as close as I could get to the screen for that exact reason (I ...

    Apr 24, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: The Roundtable of Dead Heroes

    Yes! I lost all faith in J.K. Rowling when she killed Sirius. :( I almost didn't finish The Subtle Knife because Lee Scoresby died. *sob* Poor Lee. :cry:

    Apr 24, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    What? What is a cartoon? Does it have something to do with a cart? That is a very odd word. ~ Taiest An-anthro-an-anthropo. . . . .Uhhg! How can I ...

    Apr 23, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Who had the happier ending? (LOTR)

    Well, even though Gollum did have the ring for a few seconds and died happily, he still didn't get to keep it (although the circumstances were rather unusual). But I ...

    Apr 23, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: YWS Recent Books Debate

    the Sight by David Clement-Davies. I doubt many people have heard of it, but it's a great read. If you haven't read it I'd highly recommend it.

    Apr 23, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Most Meaningful Quotes

    I've got quite a few actually. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off ...

    Apr 20, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: The YWS Classics List Nominations

    *raises hand timidly* The Sea-Wolf and White Fang by Jack London. Some of his best books in my opinion.

    Apr 19, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: YWS Recent Books Debate

    Nah, I think at least Song of the Lioness should be on there. I loved that series when I was younger. But yeah, Inheritance shouldn't be on the list. It's ...

    Apr 19, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    I have no problem with children as long as they don't get in my way. I have enough to worry about without having to look after anyone but me. They ...

    Apr 17, 2007


What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
— Albert Pines