User avatar

HeadInTheClouds

  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Castaways

    Well, wysteria pretty much covered everything I was going to say. The sea is a beautiful thing, and this gave me a great mental image of it. It's a fantastic ...

    Apr 10, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Deleted

    On a good note this is very well-written for someone your age. I probably couldn't write something like that unless I worked on it until Christmas. I applaud you for ...

    Apr 9, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: what happened in your dreams?

    I have at least two reccuring dreams, the trouble is I realize i've had them before the minute I wake up and a few minutes later I forget all about ...

    Apr 9, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Harry Potter

    So they aren't together? I'm confused. It will be a tad depressing knowing there's no more waiting for the next one. I wonder who else she'll kill off. *grumbles about ...

    Apr 9, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Most Disturbing Films

    Yeah, Little Nemo and The Never Ending Story CREEPED ME OUT when I was a kid. I guess you could say I found those disturbing. I found Hotel Rwanda and ...

    Apr 7, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Monkey Is The Official Mascot Of YWS

    :elephant: Go monkeys! Wow, that's a really close vote. It was a good run dragon-voters.

    Apr 7, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Music When Writing?

    I can't listen to music with lyrics when i'm writing, because I start thinking about what the song is saying and stop concentrating on the actual writing. I've never tried ...

    Apr 7, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: FOCUS!

    I'll have to try that monday, when I have off school and won't be bothered by my dad and brother like I am on the weekends. It sounds really interesting.

    Apr 7, 2007
  • Archive Re: Centurion

    Hmmm, i'd love to join, but what sort of characters should we have?

    Apr 7, 2007
  • Archive Re: Destiny

    Piper's brow creased with a sudden thought. "We're not taking her with us....Are we? I mean we're leaving her here when we set out, right?" she said, fingering the hilt ...

    Apr 7, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Describe People

    My eleven year-old brother: Dirty blonde hair half covering pale blue eyes, which are usually squinting from the sun. A small button nose that looks slightly out of place, and ...

    Apr 7, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: Yo-la!

    Hiya Ampy! Welcome to YWS! How did you come up with your name? It's really interesting.

    Apr 7, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: First Paragraph (or two) of a Story I'm Working on

    Thanks for the critiques from you guys, they were really helpful. As for your question about why I went ahead and told what happened to Trevin, I had wanted to ...

    Apr 5, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: The Golden Compass coming to theaters this December

    Cool huh? I'd heard they were making a movie of it, but I didn't find out until yesterday that they had already filmed it and it's coming to theaters this ...

    Apr 4, 2007
  • Archive Re: Destiny

    Piper surveyed the newcomer, her golden eyes sparkling with curiosity. "A shapeshifter," she muttered to herself. "That could be helpful."

    Apr 4, 2007


He began to wonder why he had felt uneasy at all. It was like a man wondering in broad daylight why a dream had appeared so terrible to him at night.
— Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart