User avatar

HeadInTheClouds

  • Writing Tips Re: Fantasy Novelists Exam

    Er.......I got three, is that bad? :oops: Only the 'is you book the first in a planned trilogy' (what's wrong with trilogies?), the one about having an unclear prologue (what's ...

    Jan 18, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Favourite Fantasy Writer

    Chris Wooding - By far my favourite. I love his style, and his plots are totally original. My two favourite books by him are called The Haunting of Alaizabel Cray ...

    Jan 18, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Chronicles of Oblivion - Prologue

    Just did a bit of editing. I have no idea why my computer didn't pick up on that spelling mistake. *shakes head* I swear, it hates me. I'll do a ...

    Jan 17, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Oblivion

    Two days ago I put the prologue to The Chronicles of Oblivion up on the site in fantasy fiction. I would have posted about it sooner, but my internet doesn't ...

    Jan 17, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Caste of the Spider

    DANG! That makes the prologue I just wrote seem like a five year old wrote it. It was amazing. I kept trying to find mistakes, but all I can say ...

    Jan 16, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Chronicles of Oblivion - Prologue

    The Chronicles of Oblivion - Prologue The cold, windless night was eerily quiet. Even in the barren, lifeless desert there was less sound than was natural. The only source of ...

    Jan 16, 2007
  • Randomosity Archive Re: Rate the Signature Above You.

    7/10 I'm not very religious, but I like it. And to the last person to review my sig. it's a spinoff of visualize world peace. World peace, whirled peas, get ...

    Jan 16, 2007
  • Randomosity Archive Re: Rate the Signature Above You.

    7/10 Not halarious, but funny. P.S. I keep changing my sig., so all ratings of my sig. before this are irrelevant.

    Jan 15, 2007
  • Randomosity Archive Re: Rate avatars!!!!

    8.5/10 It's quite beautiful. I love the combination of the colours in the clouds.

    Jan 15, 2007
  • Information Desk Archive Re: Mobile YWS?

    I'd use it, when and if my phone is charged. I'm always forgetting to charge it so it's hardly ever on, but yeah, i'd totally use it.

    Jan 15, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: My reef tank

    I have to disagree fishr, at least from my personal experience. My family has never been able to keep our goldfish alive for more than a few months. Maybe we're ...

    Jan 15, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: Bring Back To Me

    I didn't really get it, but I thought it was quite beautiful. It flowed very well, and I loved the repitition of the first part.

    Jan 15, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: HEY!

    Welcome to YWS Hope. I like writing poetry and fantasy as well. I'd love to see some of the stuff you've written here on the site.

    Jan 15, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Crysi's stuff.

    The stuff you're writing sounds really interesting. I'd love to hear more about them.

    Jan 15, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Chapters

    Chapters usually end with either some sort of line that lets you know the chapter is done, or something shoking that makes you want to read what happens next.

    Jan 14, 2007


I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters.
— Solomon Short