User avatar

HeadInTheClouds

  • Fiction Discussion Re: What makes your story so original?

    *busts into tears* Okay, I admit it! My story has elves! Hehe. But, yeah it really does. But that's really the only Tolkein-related fantasy in my book. And they're not ...

    Jan 28, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Harry Potter & Inheritance- Opinions Wanted!!

    Between the two I would choose HP. Mainly because it's far more original than Inheritance, has more depth, and was actually able to shock me. It's not that Inheritance is ...

    Jan 28, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hey all

    Welcome to YWS! I'm a fan of Tolkien too, although I am bothered by the general absence of female characters. I think going to boarding school would be great. You ...

    Jan 28, 2007
  • Randomosity Archive Re: This word reminds me of...

    Pumpkins

    Jan 27, 2007
  • Randomosity Re: Ti amo~~~come on peeps!

    sayonara (I think that's how it's spelled)

    Jan 27, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Raising the mammoths (and other extinct species)

    Sounds like Jurrasic Park with Wooly Mammoths to me. Or should I say, Melaphants, if they are indeed half Elephant. Hehe. Well, i'm really not sure how good the outcome ...

    Jan 27, 2007
  • Official Polls Re: I Write Because...

    Quite simply because it is my escape. It's my own way to stop living in this boring world for a little while and spend some time in my own.

    Jan 27, 2007
  • Official Polls Re: Library or Book Store?

    I put library. I can sit for hours nestled among a pile of soft, fluffy pillows with a stack of books beside me in my school library. Although there's this ...

    Jan 27, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello!

    Welcome to YWS Carolyn! I love most of the things you listed too, especially photography, travel, and nature. Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

    Jan 27, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: question

    There is no set rule on how many pages make a chapter. It depends on when you feel the chapter is complete.

    Jan 26, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: President Clinton?

    If I could vote at that time, and Hilary was the democratic candidate, I would most definatley vote for her. But i'm just not sure if she's the best person ...

    Jan 26, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Catholic Church fights gay adoption rules

    I understand that being against homosexuality is part of their religion, but closing down adoption agencies just so gay couples can't adopt children is ridiculous. Just because it's what they ...

    Jan 26, 2007
  • Randomosity Re: I always thought that ...(this game would be nice)

    I always thought that rotten fruit was sent to zoo's and given to monkeys do they could throw them at people. (That's good advice. I do get myself into trouble ...

    Jan 26, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: A Little Whimsical in the Brain Pan

    Those look pretty interesting. I have that problem too. I've been trying to get through my mind numbing bout of writers block with the book i'm trying to write, book ...

    Jan 26, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    Grave Instinct by Robert W. Walker. I'm trying to find a certain book by Chris Wooding and no place seems to have it, so i've decided to dabble in the ...

    Jan 26, 2007


What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it. That doesn't happen much, though.
— J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye