User avatar

GryphonFledgling

  • Writing Tips Re: Another Mary-Sue Test

    Sweet. I like this test. I'm a little confused about the breakdown of the score though... For my two main characters... Red: Score Breakdown I Love Him, I Let Him ...

    Jun 13, 2009
  • Official Polls Re: Summer Is For...

    Other. Why is "writing" not an option on there? *shames Nate* Though reading is definitely on my list of things to do uber buttloads of. Yay for summer! ~GryphonFledgling

    Jun 3, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Evi is the Member of the Month for June 2009

    *whoot* Rock on, Evi! Congrats on Member of the Month!

    Jun 1, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Post Your Pic Here [6]

    *squints at that book* Is that a "buy one, get one half price" sticker I see?

    May 13, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Who would you be?

    Tall. Thin. Plain. Swaggers like a pirate, but so quickly that others struggle to keep up. Handshake way too firm for a girl. Constant half-glare due to squinting against the ...

    May 13, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: How long can a character remain nameless?

    Thanks everyone! Rubric: Do you feel that it makes your writing heavy handed? I don't think so and I haven't had complaints from people who've read the first draft, so ...

    May 11, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: How long can a character remain nameless?

    I have a main character who has half the book in her third-person POV. The problem is, it is essential to her character that she not remember her name. Another ...

    May 7, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Speech writing?

    Yeah, so... I've got to write this speech and I'm not really sure how. I've never written a speech of any sort, so any tips would be welcomed. My principal ...

    May 7, 2009
  • Randomosity Re: One of the best parts about YWS!

    ...

    May 2, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Write or Die

    That little app saved my NaNoWriMo.

    Apr 17, 2009
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: Mutts - Heart

    4/12/09 047 – Heart Police Recording Y59-H5 Confidential: Chief Eyes Only Virginia looked around cautiously as the security warning flashed on her screen. The office was empty, she had earphones ...

    Apr 15, 2009
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: Mutts - Lovers

    A/N: The "Mutts" pieces don't have to be read in any particular order. They are all written in the same world, but involving different characters, POVs and situations. 4/11/09 023 ...

    Apr 13, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: How to catch a Muse?

    O.O Start playing the "Twilight Zone" theme here... Your troubles sounds exactly, almost word for word, like my own the past few years, to the point I started my own ...

    Apr 11, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: TDotDLT

    Okay, I am officially in love with Thirry's POV now. Really, it's smart-ass, but it's smart-ass done cleverly and actually funny. Very nice. I actually did not find the POV ...

    Apr 7, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: TDotDLT

    'Allo, 'allo, what have we here? I must say. Thirilight's rambling as he was dying were quite funny. I liked the little snippets of thought. A thought on that though, ...

    Apr 6, 2009


Deadlines just aren't real to me until I'm staring one in the face.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief