User avatar

Gringoamericano

Guero with a Sombrero

  • Lounge, The Re: Digital or Paper?

    I'd say digital, because 1) Physical books get damaged very easily, and if you're like me, and have to cram a bunch of stuff in your backpack, along with a ...

    Mar 4, 2013
  • Lounge, The Re: What is your opinion on TV Tropes?

    I used to waste entire days just browsing a certain site called TV Tropes. And I'm sure a few others are guilty of doing the same thing. For those who ...

    Dec 19, 2012
  • Lounge, The Re: Minecraft

    I've tried playing Minecraft, got lost very quickly, and ended up spending my time messing around with mods that I had no idea how to use. I suppose that's more ...

    Dec 15, 2012
  • Lounge, The Re: Hey Ya'll, just a question. . . ^^''

    I can't help but feel a bit jealous whenever somebody says they can sort of hear and see their characters in their head. It just seems like you guys would ...

    Oct 21, 2012
  • Lounge, The Re: What's your guilty pleasure music?

    Mine's is anything by The Postal Service . However, one of my favorite bands covered this song, so I guess that kind of makes it okay.

    Oct 7, 2012
  • Lounge, The Re: Which Genre are You most Comfortable in?

    Cynical comedies. It is hard for me to take things seriously, and I have a hard time writing about happy people.

    Sep 2, 2012
  • Randomosity Re: What is your nickname?

    A lot of the kids at my old middle school fondly remember me by the names of "Who?" and the much more frequent "Racist".

    Sep 2, 2012
  • Randomosity Re: Message in a Bottle

    (This would be an excellent way to send spam mail) Are you sick of your boss breathing down your neck? Do you feel like you should be payed more? Just ...

    Aug 20, 2012
  • Lounge, The Re: What's everyone reading?

    Hey Gringo, Isn't this the book where Palahnuik's infamous Story "guts" is ? Yes it is. I had to skip that story midway through, as it is impossible to read ...

    Aug 17, 2012
  • Lounge, The Re: What's everyone reading?

    Right now I'm reading "Haunted" by Chuck Palahniuk and "The Catcher in the Rye" by J.D. Salinger.

    Aug 17, 2012
  • Randomosity Re: What is the SIngle Most Annoying Song on the planet??

    I know this doesn't exactly follow the topic, but there are quite a few rock/punk/metal bands out there that do nothing but scream throughout the entire song. I'm okay with ...

    Aug 16, 2012
  • Lounge, The Re: Three Word Story!

    Where's the drugs?

    Aug 15, 2012
  • Lounge, The Re: Bad Writing Habits (what are yours?)

    My problem is that my characters tend to act a bit OOC (out of character) at certain times; I place in characters and areas that aren't really necessary to the ...

    Aug 11, 2012
  • Randomosity Re: Message in a Bottle

    (I have a feeling that this might be a bit stupid). Surprise! You just picked up used toilet paper!

    Aug 11, 2012
  • Lounge, The Re: Yourself as the main character?

    Oh, autobiographical is one thing, but writing a book about yourself is another entirely. Writing about a past self is fine, because you can maintain a level of detachment and ...

    Jul 8, 2012


Noelle, you can lead a writer to their computer and give them coffee, but you can't make them write.
— CowLogic