User avatar

Gringoamericano

Guero with a Sombrero

  • Media Reviews Re: Dr. Strange

    That is understandable, Light. People have complained that Strange is basically the generic "snarky protagonist" that we see in the likes of Tony Stark or Dr. House. Him following a ...

    Mar 11, 2017
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Self-Depreciation; a sign of the times?

    Let's tackle this from two different angles. First, let's look at the times. We've recently come out of a major recession that, at least in the US, saw 10% of ...

    Mar 9, 2017
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Self-Depreciation; a sign of the times?

    I've been getting all navel-gazey over the abundance of depressive humor that's been all over the internet lately. Presumably, you've seen stuff like this plastered all over your social media ...

    Mar 9, 2017
  • Media Reviews Re: Let's Find Faults In Our Stars

    To anyone who liked the concept of TFiOS but not the execution might wanna check out Me, Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews (along with its subsequent movie ...

    Mar 1, 2017
  • Media Reviews Re: Dr. Strange

    (Holy cow, we have tags!?) Dr. Strange recently came out on DVD. For those of you not in-the-know, Dr. Strange is based on a Marvel comic series about a doctor ...

    Feb 21, 2017
  • Research Re: LGBTQ+ Acceptance in Ancient Greek Times

    From what I heard, the Ancient Greek society was super misogynistic to the point where when there was a homosexual relationship, one half was regarded as pretty much a normal ...

    Feb 9, 2017
  • Welcome Mat Re: Salutations!

    Welcome to the site! Hope you enjoy your time here! What are some of your favorite books or writers?

    Jan 20, 2017
  • Welcome Mat Re: new member

    Welcome to YWS! Hope you enjoy your time on the site. What are some of your favorite books or writers?

    Jan 19, 2017
  • Lounge, The Re: Featured Member for Jan 18 - Feb 1: Gringoamericano!

    I genuinely wasn't even expecting this. It's incredibly nice just to even be nominated for this sort of thing, so thank y'all for giving me the honor of being recognized!

    Jan 19, 2017
  • Lounge, The Re: Has Anyone Here Seen SKAM?

    The UK news publication, the Guardian recently wrote a piece about it . I have not seen the show, but you might find the article interesting

    Dec 19, 2016
  • Lounge, The Re: Post Your Pic Here [9]

    @Holysocks Make sure that vision isn't permanent, because once my month of filling in for their original bassist is done, I have no plans of working on religious stuff again ...

    Jul 7, 2016
  • Lounge, The Re: Post Your Pic Here [9]

    I'm rather fond of the name "Gringo" because I am a very pale, white looking Hispanic person (not for lack of trying, though. I can spend all day in the ...

    Jul 7, 2016
  • Lounge, The Re: Can you pronounce this?

    Age: 19 Ethnicity: Hispanic Nationality American (Southern Texas) Link here:

    Jun 22, 2016
  • Lounge, The Re: Where YWSers came from in May 2016

    Lotsa spambots from Russia. I am not surprised in the slightest

    Jun 14, 2016
  • Randomosity Re: Describe the person you see above in three words..

    Occasional Dinosaur Facts

    Jun 7, 2016


I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
— Dr. Seuss