User avatar

Gracie

  • Lyric Poetry Re: Repentance

    Hi there. It is an interesting format you used there. The short sentences allow it to flow quite well. However it leaves little room for imagery and character building. I ...

    Mar 22, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Repentance

    Hi there. It is an interesting format you used there. The short sentences allow it to flow quite well. However it leaves little room for imagery and character building. I ...

    Mar 22, 2011
  • Art & Photography Re: The Blind Citizen

    Hey there. Great picture. I love the shadow and darkness. The little piece of poetry you wrote underneath also really added to this. I like the theme you’re going with ...

    Mar 22, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: Pretty Girls Do Ugly Things

    Hey this is a majorly revised version of another poem under the same title. I'm posting it again because it is so different. You can read the first version Enjoy. ...

    Mar 21, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: I Danced With the Devil.

    Hi there. This is really good. If you are making a novel of this I'd love to read it. For starters, your characters are perfectly formed and really well fleshed ...

    Mar 20, 2011
  • Lyrics Re: Dead Summer

    Verse 1 I don’t know if you’ve noticed But there’s not a lot of colour Around this time of year. And maybe it’s these grey skies Or maybe it’s town ...

    Mar 20, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: .

    Hi there. I did really like this. I don't think I've ever seen poem (if you could call it a poem) that uses a list and numbering like this. So ...

    Mar 20, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: all these tangled thorns

    Hi there Wow this is really fantastic. I can see why this is a featured work. Firstly, the imagery is fantastic. I think imagery and strong pictures can be lacking ...

    Mar 20, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Diluted

    HI there. I'm not quite sure what I think of this poem. On one hand I dislike it and on the other I do. My problem with it is the ...

    Mar 20, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Patience

    Hi there I agree with the last review, there are quite a few clichés here. Especially "patience is a virtue" just think of it this way: any phrase you have ...

    Mar 20, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Traces

    HI there Good job. I really like this poem. I like how your use of language and how it breaks out of the usual love poem format. My only problem ...

    Mar 19, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: deleted

    There are some really lovely poetic lines here. They show a lot of skill. I think my favourite is "I don't train those who are cruel No, I am not ...

    Mar 17, 2011
  • Narrative Poetry Re: The Teenage Me

    Hey there I like this. Your flow and rhythm is very well done. It has a strong beat all the way through. The only thing I have a problem with ...

    Mar 17, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: Encore

    Hi there This is very good. However it feels very dense and too complex. I think you would benefit from simplifying it and spacing it out a bit. Besides that, ...

    Mar 17, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: Autmn Leaves

    Hi there. I think this needs a little bit of work. Firstly, I felt the metaphor got old very quickly. I don't think you needed it all the way through ...

    Mar 17, 2011


The bigger the issue, the smaller you write. Remember that. You don’t write about the horrors of war. No. You write about a kid’s burnt socks lying on the road. You pick the smallest manageable part of the big thing, and you work off the resonance.
— Richard Price