User avatar

Goldenheart

  • Writing Tips Re: First Person Fantasy

    Yeah, me too. When you say 'The plot is better served in third person', what do you mean? Do you mean that you want the reader to know things your ...

    Apr 11, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: A question of pacing

    I've got a problem. I am rewriting a novel of mine, and I'm having the hardest time getting my characters from point A to point B in an interesting way. ...

    Apr 11, 2007
  • Archive Re: The Opression

    Pinkle and Flin stood breathless inside the building. It was too dark to see what sort of building it was, but the stuffy odor of hay and the pitchforks lined ...

    Apr 11, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Black Stone

    I hate to be a stick in the mud, but I've got to ask that if you intend to personally attack each other, you do it someplace else. We're here ...

    Apr 11, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: A Drinker of Coffee

    That's the spirit! It seems there is much about you that I would say about myself. Not about rebelling, though. I'm no rebel. Just a writer. I also live in ...

    Apr 9, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Family Unity?

    You can really get people to relate to this! Well done. It was sad, and painted a picture of what many children feel, but can't express. Bravo. The ending was ...

    Apr 9, 2007
  • Randomosity Re: Crazy Questions

    It is a science experiment. Soon you'll discover what happens to firmenting rootbeer, and it will somehow be important, and you'll become a world famous scientist. :) Why does an ...

    Apr 9, 2007
  • Randomosity Archive Re: Corrupt a Wish

    Granted. You are no longer lazy. You are now sluggish. I wish I could travel to exotic places.

    Apr 9, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Black Stone

    I liked it very much. It reminded me of the stone statues in the white witch's courtyard, in the Narnia books. Well communicated, swift style, punchy language. You included appearance, ...

    Apr 8, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Favorites in Classic Literature...

    Alice in Wonderland/ Through the looking glass The Chronicles of Narnia Peter Pan Beowulf Sir Gawain and the Green Knight Three men in a boat (Anybody read it?) Pride and ...

    Apr 8, 2007
  • Randomosity Archive Re: Corrupt a Wish

    Granted, but readers complain that it is impossible to read. I wish I had a mind like C.S. Lewis.

    Apr 8, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    Right now I'm reading a perfectly marvelous book called 'Hope was here.' I admire the style so much! Anybody else read it?

    Apr 7, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Music When Writing?

    Exactly! It's also infinitely easier to write when you're in the mood. LotR is amazingly helpful, especially in really big scenes. When a scene is especially peaceful, I listen to ...

    Apr 7, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: Points

    Yeah, that really caught me off guard too. It always happens when I least expect it. :)

    Apr 7, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    I don't know why, but it reminds me of a gangster. You know, with a black trench-coat, standing in an alleyway. Ernest P. Smurklestien

    Apr 7, 2007


Irresponsibly-conceived assignments don't deserve responsibly-executed complies.
— Persistence