User avatar

Glimmerglass

  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Bye.

    Wow. This is a fascinating piece, particularly because of its movement. I like how the stanzas flow together easily, and how you used symbols like ..., - , and ; ...

    Jun 1, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Goodbye

    There are some excellent elements about your poem. For one, there is a very definite emotion you are trying to target in your poem. The reader can sense that. I ...

    Jun 1, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Gone Again

    Quiet waters, and the bridge over pale light masks the dusky road. I would like to see the afternoon light swallow you up in the faint taste of autumn. Here ...

    May 31, 2010
  • Art & Photography Re: mirror, mirror on the lake

    Well, I can't really analyze your piece because of my limited knowledge of the particulars of photography, but I can say that I enjoyed it. The reflection is exquisite and ...

    May 30, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: that rhyme that bound your feet to the wall.stuck vertically

    Hi! Your poem is quite interesting. I read it several times, because the last line confounded me. However, I think I understand it now. Rhymes don’t bind They fly and ...

    May 29, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: To My Aunt

    You were like the old Book on my shelf, the one I read when I was little And forgot about. You Were the faint smell Of cottonwoods and a barbecue, ...

    May 29, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Upon Seeing a Photograph of the Parthenon

    I am drawn to its light, Like a moth to a lamp. Shot from the Archer Somewhere behind, An arrow of fire Ignites the columns From within, Like the kerosene ...

    May 28, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Passion

    This is very interesting. I like how there's a subtle slant rhyme going on: "you, true;" "front, want;" "colder, shoulder;" "that, back." Did you mean to split the last line ...

    May 28, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: The Other Woman

    Wow. This was fantastic. I liked especially how potent her anger was, and how wounded she felt being second best to her husband. You definitely captured her emotions in a ...

    May 25, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: A Deluge of Rain

    This is really lovely. The emotion is almost tangible, and I like how rhythmic the poem is. Your meaning is quite complex, and it's always more interesting to read poetry ...

    May 21, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Blind Man's Banquet

    Blind Man’s Banquet Inspired by ‘Whore’s Bath,” by Jorie Graham But even the full brilliance of this bread, and the water on my tongue, will not make the colors appear; ...

    May 21, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Summer Vacation

    Never let go of that fiery sadness called desire. -- Patti Smith Melted butter is the taste of the summertime, the greasy warm feel of heat. In granny's kitchen they ...

    May 20, 2010


The best books... are those that tell you what you know already.
— George Orwell, 1984