User avatar

Glimmerglass

  • Lyric Poetry Re: Dad is a Label

    Hey, there! I liked your poem for a number of reasons: 1) It's simple and easy to read, which helps get your meaning across, 2) It's heartfelt and potent, with ...

    Jun 19, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: My Beautiful World

    Hey, sleepthief! So first off, what I really enjoyed about your poem was the overall impression it gave me; I could feel the narrator's emotions so clearly that they were, ...

    Jun 19, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Pearls

    Pearls I like to think that you planned that evening in perfect precision, like the wide stretch of pink over teeth, pearls rounded to sweetness by the caustic tightness of ...

    Jun 18, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Hebrews 13:2

    Thanks for your review! Yes, my first drafts tend to be long. And rambling. Hopefully this is what I will be fixing in my second draft, and thanks for the ...

    Dec 22, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Hebrews 13:2

    Hebrews 13:2 Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by doing so some people have entertained angels. “ Hebrews 13:2,” The Holy Bible In these fractured shadows, They made you ...

    Dec 22, 2010
  • Writing Tips Re: What Is Your Favorite Writing Tip?

    Just write. Write, write, write. Sprawl it all onto paper, documents, your blog, whatever. Write until your brain falls into itty, bitty pieces. Write because you can't stand to NOT ...

    Nov 26, 2010
  • Art & Photography Re: Scribbles from a cartoonist

    These are awesome. Just saying. I can't really cartoon to save my life, so I don't think I can really critique this, but just as a total bystander, I think ...

    Nov 24, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Who I Am

    No grammar mistakes; I like you :P Agrees with Vampyre. :)

    Nov 23, 2010
  • Art & Photography Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Poster

    Umgah. SO GOOD. Love this poster. And just saw the movie, so super excited about the film in general. Great job with the composition, it looks entirely authentic and very ...

    Nov 23, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Who I Am

    Hey, there, Glim here to review. First off, I thought your poem was very powerful and well-written. I think the desire to fit female stereotypes is so prevalent in teens ...

    Nov 23, 2010
  • Research Re: All Of You American Teenage Boys . . .

    Well, I'm certainly not a teenage boy, but I do know a bit about the male species, from long friendships. 1. They often have a poor sense of hygiene. Like, ...

    Sep 29, 2010
  • Research Re: Names!

    The best thing to do when naming characters (in my opinion) is to give them interesting names that suit the character, but not a name like Thumbelina Sapphire Ladyfire, because ...

    Sep 29, 2010
  • Research Re: What makes someone annoying?

    I find that people (or characters) that are too nice are SO ANNOYING. They're always doing the right thing, always having the answer. This is obnoxious and annoying to us ...

    Sep 29, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Of History Assignments and Sesquipedalian Conversations

    Thanks for the review! I realized when I was writing this that the character of Meg wasn't developed very well. Unfortunately, I forgot about the deadline for the contest, and ...

    Sep 12, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Of History Assignments and Sesquipedalian Conversations

    Author's Note: Written for LavendarBlue's Five Words You Must Use contest. “You don’t know what antidisestablishmentarianism is, Meggy?” He says this in the way a sugar addict would talk to ...

    Sep 12, 2010


I have my books and my poetry to protect me.
— Paul Simon