-
Re: Why Bad Spelling Sucks
I learned how to spell the British way. Although I'm in the process of correcting myself, I still get counted off in papers for writing things like colour, honour, and ...
Aug 23, 2006 -
Re: Witch Hunters Original?
Just do your research, so us real witches don't get a bum rap.
May 5, 2006 -
Re: Borrowing Okay?
In this day and age, people can get all up in a huff if you have a conversation with them and then write something based off of something they said. ...
May 2, 2006 -
Re: Borrowing Okay?
Borrowing = okay, if you're just using it as a stepping-stool There is a fine line between borrowing and plagiarism though. Be careful.
May 2, 2006 -
Re: What is style?
I apply a great deal of what I've learned as an actress to my writing. Here is what the reknowned Uta Hagen has to say about style: " Style is ...
Apr 26, 2006 -
Re: Ancient Chinese Questions
Ancient China used the lunar calendar, along with seasonal charting for planting and harvesting. If your having trouble finding information online, get up off your butt and go to the ...
Apr 26, 2006 -
Re: When men cry...
Unfortunately, there is no real good way to go about describing a 'masculine' cry. Rather than focus on emotion, spend time with the physical act of crying--as men are, in ...
Apr 26, 2006 -
Re: anti-aestheticism and the golden ratio
I have to write a paper on the above issue. I'm focusing on anti-aestheticism in art, particularly the Dada movement. I have a few ideas on where to start, but ...
Apr 24, 2006 -
Re: What is style?
"Style" is a naughty word. "Style" is for historians to decide once they get ahold of your work. Just write. Your first and most important goal is just to write.
Apr 24, 2006 -
Re: The Great Gatsby
Adored it! If you need any help, I've written several essays on the Gatsby, just let me know.
Apr 22, 2006 -
Re: Creating an Evil Character
The one thing you missed, that I believe must absolutely be incorporated, is this: You must be able to perform two essentialy actions with all your characters, evil included. A) ...
Apr 13, 2006 -
Re: Why Poor Spelling Sucks
Whatever you do, please please edit. One or two typos are usually acceptable. Even published works have errors on occasion. But the best way to make a negative impression is ...
Feb 6, 2006 -
Re: How to make reviewers hate you...
This is AMAZING.
Nov 16, 2005 -
Re: I need first names!!
I used to make up all kinds of nuts own languages and everything. Problem is, no one knew how to pronounce but me. So I've taken to borrowing from A) ...
Jul 8, 2005 -
Re: Word of Poetry
This weeks word is plagiarism plagiarism n 1: a piece of writing that has been copied from someone else and is presented as being your own work 2: the act ...
Mar 17, 2005
