User avatar

Galatea

  • Writing Tips Re: Is it possible to make an original story?

    "Originality" is something that all writers struggle with. If its yours, and you make it your style and your story, there's no reason it can't be original. But it has ...

    Jul 9, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Novel Writing Freeware

    I found it completely by accident, actually. I'm glad you like it!

    Jul 9, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Novel Writing Freeware

    Fantastic. Very helpful in organizing your thoughts and keeping everything in one location. And its free! I just love it!!

    Jul 9, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: historical fiction: how much can I fudge?

    Even seen Shakespeare in Love ? Of COURSE you can fudge history. Just don't make the faux pas that Mr. Brown did ( The Davinci Code , amyone) and pretend ...

    Nov 1, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Description- describing facial expressions

    Read Stephen King's "On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft". It's the most useful text on writing that I have ever read. Be careful not to bog your reader down ...

    Oct 18, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Scholarship Stories

    I have two stories to write. Ideally, they could be the same, but I would prefer they were not. The trouble I'm having is getting started. Well, and thinking up ...

    Nov 15, 2006
  • Research Re: Wicca Society

    Adam- I'm Wiccan, and a practicing witch. What do you need?

    Oct 25, 2006
  • Research Re: Last names/Surnames?

    Okay, a little bit from the OED: Surname comes from "sirename" or, the name of he who sired you. 1. A name, title, or epithet added to a person's name ...

    Oct 17, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Any Exceptional Books About Writing?

    Stephen King's On Writing is a very excellent text. No, really!

    Oct 14, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Guess what? FREAK sucks.

    Its WAY too jumbled. Break up the thoughts into separate images, then try to piece them together. Its like doing a frame by frame. "The headmistress had promised to be ...

    Oct 3, 2006
  • Research Re: Angels

    So I wanted to know, what are angels for you? Someone who helps you through a dire situation, life crisis, or huge life change. Someone who assists you in your ...

    Sep 27, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Using the Debate Forums as Inspiration

    Hey now, I write stories! My problem is that I long-hand everything, and copying to the computer takes more effort than I have time to exhert right now.

    Sep 26, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: GAH! I hate this sentence!

    I was going to suggest 'plaited'. I like that word better than braided. Braided blonde is too...b. Plaited blonde sounds a little better in my head.

    Sep 4, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: How to Avoid Sex Scenes

    I am sure that sex can be tastefully done, but under 18 and still a virgin does limit your life experience. Unless it is absolutely NECESSARY to the plot (and ...

    Aug 30, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Technology Kills.

    I long-hand everything before I even think of inserting it into a machine that has the potential to devour my brilliance.

    Aug 25, 2006


while she was studying the ways of pasta he was studying the ways of the sword
— soundofmind