User avatar

Galatea

  • Fiction Discussion Re: TTFN and TTYL by Lauren Myracle

    You can view these abominations here and here . And here is the up-coming sequel, l8r, g8r These are entire stories told in chat format. With the windows and everything. ...

    Oct 16, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Getting Better or Not?

    I do think maturity, age wise, affects writing greatly. I shudder to read things I wrote even in highschool. They style isn't terrible, but the subject matter is always purile, ...

    Oct 9, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

    You must understand, I work at a daycare and one of our boys (aged 10), told one of our other boys to "Shut the f*ck up" on the playground. When ...

    Sep 29, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

    Its one of the most disturbing books I've ever read. The film was rated R for a reason. Books are more graphic, by virtue of our imaginations.

    Sep 29, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

    Brilliant book. I'd put the age appropriacy line higher, though. more like 17 or 18.

    Sep 28, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: Lolita

    Brilliant. One of my favorites. Nabokov is (was) a synaesthete. His writing really speaks to me.

    Sep 24, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Do you get attatched to your characters?

    Er, not healthy? Stephen King says that essentially, the character is you. So no matter what kind of character it is, you SHOULD be attached, because you should be attached ...

    Sep 13, 2006
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Populist Manifesto

    Poets, come out of your closets, Open your windows, open your doors, You have been holed-up too long in your closed worlds. Come down, come down from your Russian Hills ...

    Sep 13, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Do you get attatched to your characters?

    I get really attached to my villans. I'm a huge fan of the 'human' villan. I tend to worship my bad guys...but I also like the "who's really the evil ...

    Sep 12, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Most Disturbing Books

    Lolita is one that comes to mind. I'd loved it because I was so thoroughly creeped out by it. Humbert Humbert is one of THE greatest narrative voices of all ...

    Apr 30, 2006
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Most Influential Poet(s)

    Ginsberg, Ferlinghetti, Keroac, Plaith, Eliot, Samuel Beckett (Okay, so technically not a poet, but still a fantastic writer)....uhm, that's all I can think of for now. Existential and dada poetry/wri

    Apr 7, 2006
  • Poetry Discussion Re: who's/what's your fav poet or poetry

    Wow, that's...long. Ginsberg, Ferlinghetti and Keroac are hands down my favorite poets, TS Eliot being a close second. Hollow Men gives me chills every time I read it. I adore ...

    Apr 7, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    So much inside...but its all there...locked safely away. Locked away...memories...locked....some real some not so real all of its real and sometimes I can't see. I know I know I know! ...

    Mar 8, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    Never betrayed never never betrayed never can't betray can't do evil must do good never betray never ever never ever never never never... Samantha "Sammie", Hide and Seek Who do ...

    Mar 8, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Top 5 Best Books

    In no particular order: Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card Ecstasia, Francesca Lia Block Primavera, Francesca Lia Block The Rose and the Beast, Francesca Lia Block The Hobbit, J.R.R. Tolkein

    Feb 24, 2006


I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
— Chandler Bing