User avatar

Galatea

  • Fiction Discussion Re: List of taboo writing words

    "I believe the road to hell is paved with adverbs." -Stephen King Any descriptive ending in -ly should be removed from your writing immediately. If you're doing your job as ...

    Oct 8, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Feeling Possessive of Books?

    I adored my lit courses in highschool--but then, I was blessed with very good teachers. Yes, I get terribly possessive of books. Especially the lit books. I loved The Great ...

    Nov 15, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Make Up The Worst Possible Opening Line Ever

    Sureal...that's sure a helluvalot of "f"s. this is my story and its long and tragic and its just like the 1 out of shakespeer u know the 1 with the ...

    Nov 11, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: Helpful Ideas

    I write to Dave Matthew's almost exclusively. I find something very fascinating about their music. It's colored wonderfully. Plus, its neutral enough that I don't get too caught up in ...

    Nov 10, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: Post your wordcount!

    Don't you have school...or something?

    Nov 9, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: Losing interest?

    I've always believed that if you get bored with your story, you're not telling the right one. Ask yourself: Why do I need to share this world? What is special ...

    Nov 8, 2006
  • Art & Photography Re: Gal's avatars

    PS: The Mad Madam Mim is my favorite...

    Oct 25, 2006
  • Art & Photography Re: Gal's avatars

    What I do when I waste time. My paper isn't due until 9 tomorrow! I have time! Ugh.

    Oct 25, 2006
  • Art & Photography Re: Jack's Avatar Attempts Thread

    Jack: Have you looked at ArtWeaver 0.4? Its a great program, just like Photoshop. Except free. Give it a whirl! Nice pieces, you might want to try to darken the ...

    Oct 25, 2006
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Disney Lyrics

    Despite my utter hatred for Cinderella (she does absolutely nothing in pursuit of her desires, gah!), the music is worth a listen. A dream is a wish your heart makes ...

    Oct 20, 2006
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Disney Lyrics

    Hunckback...confused me. And terrified me. Frollo's 'desire' for Esmerelda was really icky. The music was incredible though. "God Help the Outcasts" is one of my all time favorite pieces. Have ...

    Oct 20, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: TTFN and TTYL by Lauren Myracle

    Its the age old problem, "Are children people?" That's what's so great about books like Ender's Game. Card treats his characters as PEOPLE, not as children. What Myracle doesn't seem ...

    Oct 16, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: TTFN and TTYL by Lauren Myracle

    You...tried?? Yes, Claudette I agree with you. She may be fostering an interest in HER kind of literature, but at what cost? The minds of young women nation wide? She ...

    Oct 16, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: TTFN and TTYL by Lauren Myracle

    Or we could have an adult discussion with her (ha!) on her choice of...medium for producing her...literature. Ouch. My brain. (Regarding the MySpace...she's like a pre-adolescent trapped inside a grow

    Oct 16, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: TTFN and TTYL by Lauren Myracle

    It hurts me too, Claudette. It hurts me too. This summer, I actually confiscated one from a girl at my daycare. When her mother interrogated me about it, I showed ...

    Oct 16, 2006


I'm a fledgling potato bird that lives in a nest in the rp forums
— Ley