User avatar

Galatea

  • NovMo Archives Re: Have a NaNoWrant!

    My biggest trouble is motivation. As in, I don't have any!! Yikes!! Also, I'm writing like, 7 different stories, so I'm having a shit ton of trouble keeping track of ...

    Nov 4, 2007
  • NovMo Archives Re: NanoWriMo Wordcount '07

    969... -whines- It's been a busy week!!

    Nov 3, 2007
  • NovMo Archives Re: NanoWriMo '07--Your beloved Main Character(s)

    Cadence "Cade" Martinson: Naive, optimistic to a fault, feels things intensely deep. Constantly used and abused by needy partners. I like her because she knows what she wants, but won't ...

    Nov 3, 2007
  • NovMo Archives Re: My MC's Middle Name

    Is it necessary to the story for your character to have a middle name?

    Nov 3, 2007
  • NovMo Archives Re: NanoWriMo '07-First Sentences

    Her eyes were the same colour as overwhelming; the kind of thoughtful sharpness that sees everything.

    Nov 1, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Stephen King No Plot Debate

    Planning does not equal plotting. Now, remember guys, Stephen isn't telling everyone how to write. He's saying what he believes about writing and what works for him. I happen to ...

    Oct 27, 2007
  • NovMo Archives Re: Naming your characters...

    The names in my current project fluctuate often. I surprised myself today at how diverse they are. Granted, the story takes place across time and planes of existence, but still... ...

    Oct 26, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: What's the weirdest book you've ever read?

    I'm with Suzanne on this one. House of Leaves , hands down.

    Oct 20, 2007
  • NovMo Archives Re: Sex Scene

    Is the scene absolutely necessary to the story? 'Cause if it makes you too uncomfortable, you can ditch it, or imply that it happened without writing the whole thing. Rape ...

    Oct 20, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: A male's opinion

    I think you would find my current course fascinating, Meepster. It's Feminist Theory and Theatre. Very interesting. On to the discussion... I believe it is impossible to deny that we ...

    Oct 19, 2007
  • NovMo Archives Re: My NaNoWriMo

    In his novel "On Writing" (I'm obsessed, I know), Stephen King writes: "I distrust plot for two reasons: first, because our lives are largely plotless, even when you add in ...

    Oct 19, 2007
  • NovMo Archives Re: Naming your characters...

    Now, I appreciate the interesting name as much as the next gal. However, there are some names (a la HP Lovecraft) that are simply unacceptable to use. When naming characters ...

    Oct 16, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Cliche Fantasy

    Sword of Truth series is ridiculous. Its seriously the same story for nine books. Yeeeuch! I LOATH Eragon, too. The film was especially wretched. (Except I adore Jeremy Irons as ...

    Oct 15, 2007
  • NovMo Archives Re: What's your NaNo 2007 about?

    Title: (I hate titling things before they're written, so it's 'untitled' for now.) Genre: Fantasy/Romance Summary: The story tracks the budding romance between two college women. The couple soon disco

    Oct 14, 2007
  • NovMo Archives Re: NaNo profile links

    ^.^ My first NaNo year!

    Oct 11, 2007


"Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask, there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."
— V for Vendetta