User avatar

Galatea

  • Randomosity Re: What your name means

    Galatea: Greek, statue brought to life by Aphrodite when it's female-hating creator fell in love with it. Symbol of ultimate female perfection. Kimberly: From Kimberleigh, English--'She of the royal h

    Apr 14, 2006
  • Randomosity Re: Ak!! Help!

    I am...amused. However, I'm moving it to randomness.

    Apr 14, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Post Your Pic Here (4)

    Sab, it's an art photo. I think it would look weird if she was smiling. Look at all these beautiful people!!! They're fantastic!

    Apr 14, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Body Modification ie: tattooing, piercings, branding, ect.

    But think about it, cutting yourself with a rasor while you shave hurts for like 2 seconds and then it's over.

    Apr 11, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Media

    My greatest concern is that the general public cares more about sensationalized media an celebrity life than actual news. We are so incredibly disconnected from the world around us, it's ...

    Apr 11, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Media

    The media and the celebrity influence in the united states is insane. Take the recent events surrounding South Park. Tom Cruise was (perhaps rightly) offended by the Scientology episode that ...

    Apr 10, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: death sentance

    Interesting. I don't necessarily agree with you, but at least I understand your logic. I really wish everything was as black and white as you'd like it to be, bob. ...

    Apr 10, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: death sentance

    I don't understand your differentiation between 'contribution' and 'participation', perhaps you could help me out?

    Apr 9, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: death sentance

    Qi shouts to me from the other room, "It's a debate forum, if you don't say exactly what you mean, others will infer meaning based upon what you have said!!" ...

    Apr 9, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: death sentance

    There are plenty of people who are not imprisoned for murder or other egregeous crimes who are "non-contributing" members of society. Should we kill them too?

    Apr 9, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Body Modification ie: tattooing, piercings, branding, ect.

    Cartilege hurt, but not THAT bad. Geez, talk about a low pain threshold. Ari--REALLY, it didn't hurt that bad at all. Sort of like slipping when you shave your legs. ...

    Apr 7, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: death sentance

    Unfortunately, killing someone because they killed someone won't bring back the dead and ultimately won't satisfy your anger.

    Apr 7, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: YWS infringes on your RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH!

    The following is posted in the Moderator's Forum, written by our very own Nate himself: "Every single person here, or nearly every single person, has said that censorship is a ...

    Apr 4, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: should homework be allowed

    Zell, grammar please. I like homework, especially in language classes. Homework helps me to learn. Sometimes, it's fun. In English class in highschool, we read amazing books. I really enjoy ...

    Apr 3, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Stereo types: more or less true?

    No, we only dance naked around bonfires during Beltane. And since we don't believe in Satan, I'm not sure how we could worship him. Hmm..... These step from ignorance, as ...

    Mar 30, 2006


You are all the colours in one, at full brightness.
— Jennifer Niven, 'All the Bright Places'