User avatar

Galatea

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Bible: Literal or Allegory?

    I retract my statement about Biblical literalists and modify it: "You can't argue with most literalists, they tend to be irrational people." I feel as though people spend too much ...

    Jul 9, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Bible: Literal or Allegory?

    Flemzo, literalists cannot be argued with. They're pretty irrational. I can't figure out how looking at the Bible as myth and allegory makes you a bad Christian, or not a ...

    Jul 9, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Bible: Literal or Allegory?

    The Bible was used to justify slavery just as often as it was used to speak out against it. I don't even know that God did much freeing. God help ...

    Jul 7, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Bible: Literal or Allegory?

    Just like the Greek myths, the Bible is a series of stories that have been used over centuries to explain the world that surrounds humanity. We do not like what ...

    Jul 7, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: Prose That Makes Me Puke

    Early J.K. Rowling. Early Stephen King. I loved Terry Goodkind when I was in high school. I recent reread the Sword of Truth and wanted to smash my face in. ...

    Jun 26, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: What should we do with Mugabe and Zimbabwe?

    Technically speaking, the United States isn't a true democracy. We're a republic, its different.

    Jun 24, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Bisexuality: straight, gay, or lying?

    Griff is right. Sexual preference and love are not the same thing. I don't like to call myself bisexual, because people like to make wild assumptions about what that means ...

    Jun 24, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Animal Rights

    Surprisingly enough, I agree with a round about way. An over all attitude change in going to be absolutely necessary in this country (America) for any positive change to occur. ...

    Jun 23, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Children's Lit v. Adult Lit

    That's all well and good, thunder, but Incan has already pointed out that many books span age groups. Harry Potter is a great example. I know many "adult" who enjoyed ...

    Jun 17, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Propaganda

    Propaganda is never a good thing, because it encourages blind faith in a cause. Whether that cause is good or bad doesn't matter. Blind faith in anything is never a ...

    May 27, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Sexual relationships in universities

    I'm not changing my vocabulary because a few people here don't understand some of the words I use. It's good for you to have to look up words, it means ...

    May 25, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Sexual relationships in universities

    Why five years? That seems rather arbitrary to me.

    May 24, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Recent supreme court decision re gay marriage, I'm confused.

    While there has been a dramatic increase of acceptance of same-sex marriage in Canada preceding the enactment of The Civil Marriage Act in 2005; it should be noted that the ...

    May 22, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: 08' Presidential Elections

    I don't feel like they're split anymore. I think, if anything, the Democrats are talking, which is extremely important to party unity. If McCain wins, I'm moving to Canada. I ...

    May 16, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Should we invade Burma?

    How would we fund another invasion? Where would we get the man power? How could we possibly manage such a thing? Its at the very least completely impractical. (Incidentally, my ...

    May 14, 2008


The only proper way of drinking Capri-Sun is from your great-grandmother's gold-plated cups reserved for special occasions.
— NovemberCrow