User avatar

Galatea

  • Lounge, The Re: Most Disturbing Films

    Saw. Those movies made me laugh. The Hills Have Eyes. Not good, but sufficiently creepy. Donny Darko. Always leaves me unsettled. Fight Club. Ditto. Number one, though? Definitly Silence of ...

    Sep 12, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Can someone from the EU explain this please?

    Cupboard!! yay! The weirdest place to have tea is in Hong Kong. Okay, the weirdest place to have HIGH tea is at the Royal Peninsula Hotel in Hong Kong. After ...

    Sep 12, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Remembering 9/11

    Excerpt from my journal ( I apologize if this offends anyone, but the mind works in mysterious ways, after all): Today, I have seen hate manifested. Today, the sky came ...

    Sep 12, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: 9/11

    Thanks for that bob. But seriously, can we avoid fighting today? You don't agree with me, and I don't agree with you. But telf, can we agree that there has ...

    Sep 12, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: 9/11

    The biggest question that 9/11 should have raised but failed to do so is 'why?' What happened? What have we done to provoke this kind of hatred in others? The ...

    Sep 11, 2006
  • Randomosity Re: Directors

    EDIT: I'm Beatrice! Wheee!!!!

    Sep 9, 2006
  • Randomosity Re: Directors

    So. Here's what my department/the english department is doing to my sanity. Sept 5 & 6, Equus Auditions, Sept 7 Equus Callbacks. Sept 6 & 7, Much Ado Auditions, Sept ...

    Sep 9, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Seeking Straight A's, Parents Push For Pills

    That's so weird...a C is average, so a B must be *ABOVE* average! Geez! Why so picky? Grades don't determine college attendence anymore anyway.

    Sep 8, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Ford or Chevy?

    Subaru rocks my socks off. I can't wait to get another one.

    Sep 8, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Seeking Straight A's, Parents Push For Pills

    Oh no! It's terrible! B's! Not from our daughter! Doctor, isn't there a miracle drug that can fix our child, in desperate need of help? She's so troubled! So vulnerable! ...

    Sep 8, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: The New and Improved Skin Colors Thread!

    :) Hooray!

    Sep 8, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: death sentance

    Okay, here are just a few passages: Genisis 9:6 states: Whoso shed man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed : for in the image of God made he ...

    Sep 7, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Icharis?

    Correct! You know, Lama, you could have asked me...*is hurt* No one I know knows more about Greek/Roman mythology. (I'm not braggins, I'm just a wealth of useless information, that's ...

    Sep 7, 2006
  • Randomosity Re: Dude! Morgenstern...

    "The Princess Bride, by S. Morgenstern, Chapter One...Buttercup lived on a small farm in the country...etc. etc." TELL me you've seen the Princess Bride.

    Sep 7, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Steve Irwin dead at age 44.

    Death is inherantly sad. Plus, he had a wife and two small children, which is also sad. It's hard to explain, but we are creatures of empathy, after all. We ...

    Sep 7, 2006


As a writer, I'm more interested in what people tell themselves happened rather than what actually happened.
— Kazuo Ishiguro