User avatar

Galatea

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Security in Schools

    I'm moving to China. At least that way, I'll know what rules do and do not apply. I won't have to guess.

    Oct 8, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Favorite Artwork

    Yeah. The sunflowers has always been my favorite. I enjoy a good late Monet, after he was going blind. When I was in Edinbourogh (sp?) I saw several charcoal sketches ...

    Oct 8, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Security in Schools

    I work at an elementary school daycare, at the same school where my mother teaches teh BD/ED class (behavioral disordered/emotionally disturbed). We both know, first hand, that the only thing ...

    Oct 8, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Favorite Artwork

    I have two. Both Van Gogh. AND I've seen both, in person. The self-portrait brought me to tears. I'm not that strange, I promise.

    Oct 8, 2006
  • Official Polls Re: What's your strongest element?

    Themes. I have a tendency to write in vague, colorful impressions. I like to maintain themes throughout, it makes my life much easier.

    Oct 6, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Nationalism

    Ah. Hence the confusion. It says G.K.

    Oct 6, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Ultimate Sacrifice

    Yet Griff, there is a huge divide in this country between "government" and "people". I feel as though I, as *horrors* a liberal, have no voice in the current 'government'. ...

    Oct 6, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Nationalism

    Gil? You mean Gal? Or Griff?

    Oct 6, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Post Your Pic Here (4)

    Yikes! NO!

    Oct 6, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Pledge

    Power to you! I've always opted out of the pledge. I've never liked saying it. I don't like having to pledge my allegience in a brainwashed monotonous way every morning. ...

    Oct 6, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Hey, Slavs!

    Yay! My family is Czech! There are actually still Frantas and Spachiks (sp?) still living here in Mt. Vernon. I have a cousin in the Czech Villiage near Cedar Rapids, ...

    Oct 6, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Ultimate Sacrifice

    Wow. This thread is so morbid. There are things I would die for. My family. My friends. My religion (yes, even that). If my death could guarentee the eternal peace ...

    Oct 6, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Jesus War Camp thing

    He's unfortunately right, Lama. There is no law against teaching your child to hate. In fact, it points to a very heavy Christian bias when it comes to parenting. Parents ...

    Oct 5, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Jesus War Camp thing

    Heh, I'm sure you were. But you asked why they were dangerous...

    Oct 4, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Jesus War Camp thing

    Who are the bible camp instructors hurting, bob? Children. They are hurting children. Furthermore, they are creating an entire generation of people willing to do violence in the name of ...

    Oct 4, 2006


Anxiety is the dizziness of freedom.
— Søren Kierkegaard