User avatar

Galatea

  • Lounge, The Re: you know you grew up in the 90's when...

    *huggles Cicerco* You came home with me that day on the bus, remember? So scary...they got weird about our backpacks too. OOH! I have another! Clarissa Explains It All (back ...

    Nov 16, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: you know you grew up in the 90's when...

    You know you grew up in the 90s when all your base are belonged to us.

    Nov 15, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: 9/11

    Right, but is the smiley really necessary? Or appropriate? And it must have affected you somehow. Did you feel sad? Happy? Concerned? Has American foreign policy touched your life? You ...

    Nov 15, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: 9/11

    My older brother spent 10 months in Iraq. That's pretty substantial. Since my family wasn't directly affected by the attacks, I don't feel as though the event itself changed me ...

    Nov 15, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Pledge

    Teulf--read his post again. He says that 'under God' was added to separate ourselves from the communists. Now that the Cold War is over, there is no need for that ...

    Nov 15, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Hussein Sentenced to Death

    We're not discussing appeasement. I'm not even sure how that word got brought up. No one is trying to appease Sadaam. No one denies that he commited some pretty atrocious ...

    Nov 12, 2006
  • Randomosity Re: I just realized!

    Lamalama- on Galatea's teh r0x0rs computer: I was born on all saints day, and was nearly named Papieluzko, as he was executed that day. Luckily for me, and my relatively ...

    Nov 3, 2006
  • Randomosity Re: I HATE THE DUMB PEOPLE AT MY SCHOOL!!!

    Lamalama- on our gracious and beautiful Galatea's computer: Over half the kids are failing? I find this statistic hard to believe. While I do so hate the NCLB act, I ...

    Nov 3, 2006
  • Randomosity Re: Don't You Love It When...

    Lama, your first post is terrifying. But well written. You really ought to write more, you know.

    Nov 2, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Sony being investigated for Anti-Trust

    They deserve to go out of business. I'm sick of coroporations breaking the law and getting away with it.

    Oct 31, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Civilisation

    Well, I suppose it depends on how you define "civilization". Our society has a misguided appreciation for violence, I find that uncivilized. We have no appreciation for the world in ...

    Oct 31, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Freedom House

    We discussed the website in our comparative politics class this morning, and I want to know what you all think. Biased or unbiased source? AND Are they right?? EDIT: I ...

    Oct 31, 2006
  • Randomosity Re: Kill the pumpkins and slap your neighbors!

    Merry Samhain, little angel. Be a good witch, and ignore the corporate perversion of our holiday. Have a ritual, welcome the departed who may or may not come to visit ...

    Oct 31, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: 9/11

    I'm not sure it should matter whether or not habeas corpus applies to strictly citizens or not. We put forth a double standard and request that everyone else remain consistent. ...

    Oct 28, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Sacred Honor

    THEN WHY POST ANYTHING!? If you have no response, then DON'T post a response! *pant pant* Right. Now that that is over with: Sacred honor is very much fallen by ...

    Oct 27, 2006


My life, my loves, where are they now?
— Richard Linklater