User avatar

Galatea

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Gay Rights

    I agree with Barrio. Surprise. Unless the government can offer up a damn good reason that is not based in a specific religious moral code why homosexuals should not marry, ...

    Dec 13, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Sex

    The institution of marriage as we understand it, the companionate marriage, still our model for relationships today developed out of 18th century England as a way of eliminating erotic possibilities ...

    Dec 13, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Debate: Should Offending Parents in "'Myspace' Hoax...&

    The whole situation makes me ill. I don't know that I have words for it. Both families disgust me. As for the 'thicker-skins' crowd: I'm a little upset with you. ...

    Nov 27, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Absolute Truth

    Wow long. I'll respond to this first: In thousands of years, hardly a word of the Bible has changed. This is NOT TRUE. I don't know who told you this, ...

    Nov 27, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortion

    Rereading this topic reminds of why I don't argue this anymore. However: I think it says a great deal about the respect of the female body that people would rather ...

    Nov 26, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Existence of God

    Why must the two be mutually exclusive? Why can't G-d be in the science? I just watched this interesting documentary on the 10 plagues, which (although arguing for a scientific ...

    Nov 3, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Existence of God

    How do you know God is a man? Seems to me the business of creation belongs to women.

    Oct 29, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Existence of God

    The point of that is:if you don't believe in God, then what is there to believe in? It was more of a thinking-out-loud thing than an actual arguement. I read ...

    Oct 28, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Dumbledore is Gay?

    Like I said, I think people freaked out because a beloved character, a mentor and supporter is gay! It would be like Mr. Rogers or Bill Nye the Science Guy ...

    Oct 28, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Dumbledore is Gay?

    ...regarding out beloved headmaster. Some of the best discussions I've had arose from tangents. Since the Dumbledore debate is bound to spark tangental conversation, I thought it would be nice ...

    Oct 24, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Dumbledore = Gay

    I don't feel that she's targeting anyone, really. Five year olds get read to by their parents, right? If the 'rents don't like it, they can...well...not read the books! Parents ...

    Oct 24, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church

    Disgusting. It should be considered child abuse, what they do to their children. I don't have words for how terrible I find this behavior.

    Oct 24, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Dumbledore = Gay

    Because five-six years old don't need to discover homosexuality through Harry Potter. I'm sick of this attitude in the world that says you should put some sort of reference to ...

    Oct 24, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Dumbledore = Gay

    magiclukehutch, have we met before? Because unless we have, I'm a little irritated that you find me annoying without even having met me. I think what is at the core ...

    Oct 23, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Nebraska State Senator Sues God

    I like the idea. Is no one else concerned with the thought of the words 'rape' and 'victim' being disallowed in sexual harassment cases, however? The girl didn't try to ...

    Oct 22, 2007


You are all the colours in one, at full brightness.
— Jennifer Niven, 'All the Bright Places'