User avatar

Galatea

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Death Penalty.

    Kelsi, criticisms of the American judicial system are valid. Many people are imprisoned wrongly because of race or the inability to afford a good lawyer. Lots of criminals get away ...

    Feb 15, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Gay people and Adoption

    I'm with Nate on this too. There are so many children in this world who need good homes. Why deny them the opportunity?

    Feb 15, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Should there be a White History Month?

    blacktiger, please don't generalize about white people. I find it offensive, ignorant, and unnecessary.

    Feb 14, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortions

    Abortion should be legal. To illegalize abortion is to show a vast disrespect for the health and well-being of already living women. Let me explain: Abortions won't stop because of ...

    Feb 14, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Death Penalty.

    Will someone explain to me how killing someone because they killed someone because killing is wrong makes any logical sense? I am not for the death penalty. I don't believe ...

    Feb 14, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Is homosexuality a psychological disorder or is it inate?

    One can probably change the sexuality around through strong experiences, but I doubt it's something that can be fixed by a mere lecture on how homosexuality is evil. For example, ...

    Feb 4, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Is homosexuality a psychological disorder or is it inate?

    Okay, this is off-topic, but a) I don't care and b) I couldn't just let it slide... I was only pointing out a fact. The beauty of western civilization is ...

    Feb 4, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Is homosexuality a psychological disorder or is it inate?

    gyrfalcon: You're right, they're not forcing people through the door. Parents are taking their children and forcing them to undergo therapy that their children don't need. Our society clearly privileg

    Feb 1, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Is homosexuality a psychological disorder or is it inate?

    The concept of compulsory heterosexuality is fascinating, actually. I highly recommend the article Meep referenced. Shotgun--they do exist. And the very concept TERRIFIES me. I believe that some peopl

    Jan 31, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Guilty or Innocent?

    Is it a crime to enjoy a war movie? This is the most sick thing I think I've ever read on this site. Are you serious? Do you know how ...

    Jan 22, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Existence of God

    Right or wrong, the argument you'll be offered is 'free-will'. God gave us all free will, and in doing so allows humans to chose to be good or evil. Now, ...

    Jan 20, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Religion and War

    War and religion are incompatible. Of the three main religions, none of them actually teach violence and war. People do that all on their own. When a 'religious' war is ...

    Jan 18, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: It's Gay Pride Month!

    I do see what you mean. And you're right! Men and women are biologically designed to reproduce. However, should heterosexuality be compulsory (required)? Do you feel homosexuality is unnatural because

    Jan 18, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The War on Terror

    Exactly. Besides, being honorable is not being weak. I'm not suggesting we let people just run around and do whatever they please. I'm suggesting we maintain a code of ethics, ...

    Jan 18, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: It's Gay Pride Month!

    And neither do most homosexuals. Please don't get defensive, we're simply pointing out that your insecurity is related to a set of behaviours that are apparent across genders. I don't ...

    Jan 17, 2008


How odd I can have all this inside me and to you it’s just words.
— David Foster Wallace