User avatar

Galatea

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortions

    I want to move to Canada, actually. Then, maybe, my rights as a citizen would not be denied because I'm a woman and a lesbian. You're lucky you live in ...

    Mar 5, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Should there be a White History Month?

    No, they seem to understand better than you. We don't need 'Black History', because what we have in this country is -history-. You can't talk about slavery or its abolition ...

    Feb 29, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Is homosexuality a psychological disorder or is it inate?

    I don't think the debate is whether or not homosexuality is a choice, however. The question is whether or not it should be classified as a psychological disorder. If it ...

    Feb 27, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Euthanasia

    Yes. I would. My parents had a friend, we'll call her Cindi. Cindi suffered from a disorder that caused her to be chronically dizzy. She lived her whole life like ...

    Feb 27, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Should there be a White History Month?

    See, I take real issue with the idea of "White" history, because its simply unfair to lump all Europeans into that category because of the colour of their skin. Does ...

    Feb 26, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortion

    Some parents have three or four kids and the mother gets pregnant again, by mistake say, they might think 'Oh I can get rid of it', only because it wasn't ...

    Feb 25, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Is there a right or wrong?

    I absolutely think that there is nothing right about killing, No matter what? I think the question was already posed, but what about self-defense? If it comes down to it, ...

    Feb 22, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Multi relationship

    I think we're working off the assumption that the relationships are romantic and/or sexual in nature.

    Feb 22, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Multi relationship

    Gender, love, marriage...it's all socially constructed. I have trouble calling anything (yes, even incest) immoral if the situation is consensual and everyone is happy, because we live in a world ...

    Feb 22, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Is there a right or wrong?

    Shakespeare said, "For then there is no right nor wrong, but thinking makes it so."

    Feb 19, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Multi relationship

    The "immorality" of the non-monogamous relationship was essentially invented in the 18th and 19th centuries among the middle and ruling class to deny home-bound women erotic options. The companionate

    Feb 19, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: love

    I absolutely believe in 'true love'. I know, in my heart, as silly as it sounds, that my fiance and I were intended to meet and be together. But, I'm ...

    Feb 17, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Why?

    We have laws. We have pretty decent laws, actually. No one enforces them. And then when something like Northern happens, we produce a knee-jerk response and freak out. I'm from ...

    Feb 16, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortions

    The point is, women will keep on trying to abort. It's much safer to have the woman go to a legal, safe facility where she can be guaranteed care by ...

    Feb 16, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Gay people and Adoption

    Since you brought it up...I love the "gay people will raise gay kids" argument....I find it absolutely hilarious. Because, you know, straight parents only raise straight kids, right? for your ...

    Feb 15, 2008


'This must be Thursday,' said Arthur to himself, sinking low over his beer. 'I never could get the hang of Thursdays.'
— Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy