User avatar

Galatea

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Are Schooldays the Happiest days of ones Life ??????

    I'm ready to move on. I know that the happiest years of my life are to come, living with the woman I love and doing what I always dreamed I ...

    Mar 18, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortions

    If however, the baby is in its last week/month before birth, then I believe it is murder for the mother to turn around and say 'I don't want a baby ...

    Mar 17, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortions

    Your post made me think of a billboard I saw on the highway the other day. It read "Abortion, the ultimate child abuse.", next to a frosty picture of a ...

    Mar 17, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: I hate Harry Potter; now discuss.

    Did I say follies of youth? No. I was simply pointing out a trend I'd noticed. My brother's friends and the freshman and sophomores here at school take themselves much ...

    Mar 16, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: I hate Harry Potter; now discuss.

    What just baffles and perplexes me about the HP books is how so many adults enjoy them. They're children's books. I just can't see them being timeless classics like other ...

    Mar 15, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: gay or not?

    darkdove, chill. You asked for our advice and we're giving it. Please stop taking it so personally. We don't know your friend, how could we possibly understand the situation as ...

    Mar 13, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Vatican Announces New Sins

    gyrfalcon...I was being sarcastic.

    Mar 12, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Vatican Announces New Sins

    I never much listened to the original list anyway. And I agree with Griff, they're just an extension of what was already there. This Pope is politically backwards and slowly ...

    Mar 11, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: I hate Harry Potter; now discuss.

    They're all basically the same. HP goes to school, fights the evil, goes home for the summer again. That's it. It's awful that you can stretch seven books out of ...

    Mar 11, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Wind Farms

    Since there seems to be a general lack of knowledge about nuclear power, here's a brief summary: Nuclear power is a type of nuclear technology involving the controlled use of ...

    Mar 9, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: it is really a crime?

    So I don't really know why they even call it a form of rape. Rape is a sexual encounter that lacks the consent of one party. Consent may be absent ...

    Mar 7, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortions

    I agree with you, Gahks. Its absolutely ridiculous. But the current administration has its head up its own you-know-what. Its a miserable state of affairs, but very few Americans even ...

    Mar 6, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortions

    There is a logic to it. It many countries, earlier forms of birth control are not widely available or affordable. So the government will legalize abortion to ease the burden ...

    Mar 6, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortions

    So, here's a question: The US routinely denies African countries HIV relief because of legalized abortion in that country. Is this morally sound? (I say, no, absolutely not, but before ...

    Mar 6, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Can criminals ever be rehabilitated?

    I feel that vigilantism is terribly inappropriate, because people often do not respond to things logically. They see suspicious behaviour where there might not necessarily be any. Provided my neighbor

    Mar 6, 2008


The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.
— Alvin Toffler