User avatar

Galatea

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Ban Gay Marriage

    Gadi. - So what? In the US, we don't use illegitimacy to determine legal rights any more, so as long as the child has a caring family, what's the big ...

    Nov 10, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Ban Gay Marriage

    ...not in holy matrimony... Wait, what? There are plenty of churches that perform God-centered, faithful committment ceremonies for gay couples. If a church doesn't want to, that's their choice, but ...

    Nov 5, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortion

    What about "viability"? Most abortions happen before the fetus is "viable" outside the womb. That is where I tend to draw my line. However, I still maintain that a woman ...

    Nov 4, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Ban Gay Marriage

    ...but majority wins. Who will protect the minority against a tyranny of the majority?

    Nov 4, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Ban Gay Marriage

    Against what, exactly, are we protecting "marriage"? With the divorce rate hovering at 65%, I think there is much more to worry about than homosexuals being granted the right to ...

    Nov 4, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortion

    I saw a sign yesterday that made me smile. It was a huge billboard that said in giant letters superimposed over a baby's smiling face: "BE HAPPY! YOUR MOTHER CHOSE ...

    Oct 29, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortion

    I don't believe the argument is simply "it ought to be legal because people will do it anyway." The logic behind the argument is that making abortion illegal won't stop ...

    Oct 20, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortion

    On a tangentially related note, I think that if abortion were legal, then courts ought to be able to issue orders for women to have them, too. After all, if ...

    Oct 20, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortion

    What happend to the days when ladies acted and carried themselves as ladies? What happend to the days when males and females where united for as long as they lived ...

    Oct 19, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortion

    Silent music, you are not debating. You are rambling. I believe in a higher power. I believe that she governs my fate. If I were to get pregnant, I would ...

    Oct 18, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Vice President Choice

    Food for thought.

    Sep 19, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: DO plants have feelings, Do they feel pain.

    What on earth does that mean?

    Sep 19, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: DO plants have feelings, Do they feel pain.

    Feelings/emotions are different than tactile sensation.

    Sep 19, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: A Rapist's View of the World: Joss Whedon and Firefly

    DISCLAIMER: I did not write this. Here, I'll say it again: I DID NOT WRITE THIS. One more time: I DID NOT WRITE THIS . I disagree with this woman's ...

    Sep 9, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: What Can Be Done To Improve Education?

    Unfortunately, thanks to No-Child Left Behind, the testing won't stop any time soon. Those of us in the profession are holding our breath, waiting for the pendulum to swing back ...

    Sep 9, 2008


What will live longer, you or your words? Something to think about the next time you abandon a project...
— Omni