User avatar

Galatea

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Freewill and Sin in Religon

    Why are you impressed? I was raised Christian, after all. And after years of Bible study, you'd think I'd have learned something . That's where our thoughts disconnect. I don't ...

    Apr 15, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Freewill and Sin in Religon

    All right, here I go. First, thanks for the verses. I always like to learn more. I believe that Jesus taught some very important lessons, and that these lessons are ...

    Apr 15, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Oprah Winfrey

    I would like to see some Bible verses, please. Where it states explicitly that your version of Christianity is the right one. I have a totally different concept of what ...

    Apr 15, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Oprah Winfrey

    From Wikipedia: "Secular humanism is a humanist philosophy that upholds reason, ethics, and justice, and specifically rejects the supernatural and the spiritual as warrants of moral reflection and dec

    Apr 15, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Children Being Diagnosed

    The American medical system is completely corrupt. Just take a look at insurance companies and you'll understand. Its a mess. And no one is willing to take any steps towards ...

    Apr 15, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Children Being Diagnosed

    I have ADHD. It does affect how I function. I am unmedicated because I believe I can manage my symptoms. Its real. Its disabling, too. However, working in the day-care ...

    Apr 15, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: 08' Presidential Elections

    No, it's pronounced "Mizz". I refer to her as Ms. Clinton out of respect, because I don't like the way that people run about using her first name. I also ...

    Apr 15, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Is homosexuality a psychological disorder or is it inate?

    I would like to point out that this thread is for the debate about whether homosexuality is a psychological disorder or innate, and not about whether it is a choice ...

    Apr 13, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Do you agree with animal testing?

    for example the big one of langauge which is a unique trait and pretty amazing. Many animals have extremely complex systems of communication. Just because it's not spoken language doesn't ...

    Apr 13, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Global Warming

    Yes, we are to blame. Its just plain silly to suggest we're not. The problem isn't an immediate threat, the world won't be ending tomorrow, but that doesn't mean that ...

    Apr 13, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: 08' Presidential Elections

    (I do not have the respect needed to capitalize her name) I take serious issue with this. What on earth did Ms. Clinton do to you? Don't all the candidates ...

    Apr 12, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Fallacies

    Also, not a fallacy, but sarcasm is absolutely inappropriate on these boards, especially used to (usually) incorrectly represent an opposite point of view. For example: I'm a smelly republican! I ...

    Apr 11, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Circumsition: Right or Wrong?

    I think I can finally articulate what bothers me about this debate... Male circumcision shouldn't be routine. That's a given. I see no reason why it should be. If I ...

    Apr 10, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: columbine

    I was still living in Colorado when this happened, and I can remember being shaken to my very core. I was in the seventh grade, and I can remember my ...

    Apr 10, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Is homosexuality a psychological disorder or is it inate?

    Did God descend from the clouds and tell you how he feels, commando? Because if he didn't, you have no right to assume that you know what God is and ...

    Apr 9, 2008


That, sir, is the most frightening battlefield in the world: the blank page.
— Larry McMurtry, Comanche Moon