User avatar

Galatea

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The sex trade

    Not that I remember. And it's not a 'claim'. They recieve royalties from the websites they own. Those websites total 65% of the pornography on the internet.

    Sep 25, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Honesty, not always the best policy.

    Case in point: A: Does this skirt make my butt look big? B: It's not very flattering on you. Here, try an alternative style/colour/size that might look better. I know ...

    Sep 25, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The U.S.A

    We have learned something. The nation at large is no longer blaming soldiers for what they have been ordered to do. We at least have the sense to be angry ...

    Sep 25, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Eating Distorders

    In my mind, wearing what you want and putting yourself on display are vastly different things.

    Sep 25, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The sex trade

    The Disney Corporation owns 65% of the internet pornography industry.

    Sep 25, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Bonsai Kitten

    The peck thing would be Japan. Cheek enhancements--that's in America. In China, it's hardly ever done.

    Sep 25, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Eating Distorders

    Would it surprise you that I'm a firm believer in modest, comfortable dress? The unfortunate thing about pornography is that it affects men much more strongly than women. In a ...

    Sep 25, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Bonsai Kitten

    Yes, but since foot-binding was discontinued, the most extreme form of cosmetic surgery availible in China is a simple tuck to give Asian eyes a western flair. That's it. That's ...

    Sep 25, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Eating Distorders

    Those stats are actually on the low end of the spectrum. At the college level, eating disorder stats match up with rape stats. 1 in 4 young women will develop ...

    Sep 25, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Bonsai Kitten

    Bobo, I love you, but sometimes.... I've heard that the Chinese or something wrapped their kids' feet tightly with bandages to keep the feet small as they grew. Yes. The ...

    Sep 25, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Post Your Pic Here (3)

    I'm not healthy looking??? :(

    Sep 24, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: good film/bad film

    LOTR can wither and die. They were...cinematography-wise...very intense and very well-filmed movies. However, I found the adaptation relatively disappointing and the acting fairly disgusted me. There

    Sep 24, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: good film/bad film

    I'll take acting and depth over hot special effect ANY day. However....films like Fight Club ocassionally rearrange my thinking.

    Sep 24, 2005
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Made in perversion of His image (Creationists beware)

    Okay, to begin with, this is a really solid piece. I appreciate the consistent tone and the uniform apperance. It helps the reader cope with the content a little better. ...

    Sep 24, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Love at First Sight

    That's the problem Bobo. All emotions exist on a chemical level. Without those specific chemical reactions within our bodies, what we call 'emotion' could not and would not exist.

    Sep 23, 2005


You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You’re moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You’ve just crossed over into… the Twilight Zone.
— Rod Serling