-
Re: Boycott Victoria's Secret--warning, suggestive photographs
Didn't I already say this wasn't the only form of action I'm engaged in? I encourage all the women here to get involved and do what is necessary.
Nov 9, 2005 -
Re: The tables have turned (Men's rights, anyone?)
Thank you Carmina. You took the words right out of my mouth. Arv, this isn't a contest. "I'm more objectified than you are!!" isn't the mentality we are trying to ...
Nov 8, 2005 -
Re: Boycott Victoria's Secret--warning, suggestive photographs
Its a step. Until I'm old enough to raise children, I'll fight in what ever ways I can. I'm involved in several support groups here on campus, have done rape ...
Nov 8, 2005 -
Re: Boycott Victoria's Secret--warning, suggestive photographs
Some basic statistics for y'all. 1950s: Average mannequin dress size--8 Average woman's dress size--12 Today: Average mannequin dress size--4 (however, size 0 mannequins are quickly rising in populari
Nov 8, 2005 -
Re: Boycott Victoria's Secret--warning, suggestive photographs
A documentary? Good, you have an opinion??
Nov 8, 2005 -
Re: Boycott Victoria's Secret--warning, suggestive photographs
I doubt there are too many single chicks goin out and buying the stuff, wearing it under their clothes, and wondering why guys arent all of a sudden attracted to ...
Nov 8, 2005 -
Re: Boycott Victoria's Secret--warning, suggestive photographs
No, Arv. Men's underwear isn't displayed like this. Ever. Men are sexualised in the states, yes, but not nearly to the degree that women are. I have never seen a ...
Nov 7, 2005 -
Re: Boycott Victoria's Secret--warning, suggestive photographs
Yea, my biggest issues here are these: Children much younger than 13 have access to images of prostitute-like poses and dress. The mannequins represent an ideal that is achievable by ...
Nov 7, 2005 -
Re: Boycott Victoria's Secret--warning, suggestive photographs
I am organizing a boycott of the Victoria's Secret lingere company until such time as they decide to remove the following window displays from their stores: These mannequins encourage a ...
Nov 6, 2005 -
Re: Cats or Dogs
Cats. This is being moved to the lounge...
Nov 6, 2005 -
Re: What is it about the Lord of the Rings that intimidates?
I only cared for the Hobbit, really. His lack of strong female characters infuriates me. And I just plain don't like his writing. Didn't like the movies, either.
Nov 5, 2005 -
Re: Oh my God - can it be? Yes - it is! EVOLUTION VS CREATION!
That may well be, but I find some things happen in my life, concerning God, which justify fulfillment. It's not all thought. Didn't I already tell you I have experienced ...
Nov 4, 2005 -
Re: Vegertarianism, Veaganism and Meat Eating
Organic manure (manure form pasture fed cows) is a fairly common agent in organic farming. Example: I only drink organic milk. Normal milk cows are filled with horomones that make ...
Nov 2, 2005 -
Re: Vegertarianism, Veaganism and Meat Eating
If the demand for organics was higher, the prices would go down, and they would become the norm. Horomones, antibiotics and other nastyness are put into meats too. Many of ...
Nov 2, 2005 -
Re: Vegertarianism, Veaganism and Meat Eating
Offensive? You ought to know by now that when Qi makes these statments he is not really being serious. I don't eat red meat. I eat white meat on a ...
Nov 1, 2005
