User avatar

Galatea

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Government Funding in the Arts

    I'd like to point out that "modern art" is a label that concerns a certain era and type of art. "Contemporary art" is another label that is specific to a ...

    Dec 1, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Peace or Freedom?

    Absolute peace implies totalitarian government. Absolute freedom implies anarchy. Neither is really a good choice. Totalitarian government is generally bad, but if it is absolute peace then I assume t

    Dec 1, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Peace or Freedom?

    The military wouldn't want me. I'm broken in a great many ways. However, if need arises, I will offer my services as well as I can, ie: office work or ...

    Dec 1, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Peace or Freedom?

    peace n. 1. The absence of war or other hostilities. 2. An agreement or a treaty to end hostilities. 3. Freedom from quarrels and disagreement; harmonious relations: roommates living in ...

    Dec 1, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Government Funding in the Arts

    Yup yup, federal funding does exist. It's not nearly enough, but hey, I can't expect the government to support anything that might not make a profit.

    Nov 30, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Sexism at the Movies

    Must Love Dogs annoyed the hell outta me. The woman is divorced barely 3 months and already freaking out about needing to get married again? I can't stand movies that ...

    Nov 30, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: RENT

    It's about a group of friends who suffer in similar ways coming together and becoming a family. How is that stupid? It's about HIV/AIDS, yes. It has two homosexual couples ...

    Nov 30, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: RENT

    Cheesy? No way. Yeah, I missed "Contact" too, but they needed the PG13 rating to market it.

    Nov 27, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: RENT

    Saw it! Loved it! Aside from some minor nit-picky 'I'm a total nerd' things that bothered me, I thought it was wonderful. Oh, and Rosario Dawson as Mimi was SO ...

    Nov 26, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Are there differences between Canadians and Americans?

    *blinks* Brad's point WAS: You can see, I hope, how your generalizations are the root of fascist and totalitarian regime. I don't hate Jews, Reichu.

    Nov 21, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Nationality?

    Born and bred in the US of A. I'm Czech/Austrian and Scotish/Irish. My name is English. I wish I were Italian.

    Nov 21, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Are there differences between Canadians and Americans?

    *claps for Brad* I love you.

    Nov 21, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Boycott Victoria's Secret--warning, suggestive photographs

    Apparently, I've been ignored. Therefore, I will quote myself: ***BOYCOTTING VICTORIA'S SECRET IS JUST ONE STEP AND ITS NOT THE ONLY ONE I'M TAKING*** Why can't anyone seem to grasp ...

    Nov 20, 2005
  • Randomosity Re: The Techie Gospel

    I'm a hybrid. But whatev'.

    Nov 20, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Jesus is Republican

    Qi is right hawk. "You Americans" is a pretty general statement. Browse around, you'll notice that most of "us Americans" do not believe that there is an inherant connection between ...

    Nov 19, 2005


If I were a girl in a book, this would all be so easy.
— Jo March