User avatar

Galatea

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Women's Self Defense

    Surely the answer isn't demonising the rapist and teaching people to fear the rapist like some evil boogey man, rapists are people just like you and me, yes self defense ...

    Dec 8, 2005
  • Randomosity Re: The Top 100 Things I'd Do If I were an Evil Overlord

    Absolutely brilliant.

    Dec 7, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Do you have a phobia?

    I've decided I'm not arachnephobic. I'm entomophobic. Afraid of creepy crawly things. Oh and dentophobic--afraid of dentists. This in an incredibly amusing monologue. I feel this way sometimes.

    Dec 7, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: No Debate Thread: Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas

    Happy Holidays. I feel included that way.

    Dec 7, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Women's Self Defense

    Yes, but Aviator there are things women need to learn in order to fend off an attacker. The majority of the time, mace will do you absolutley no good if ...

    Dec 7, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Sex, Politics, and Religion

    As much as you may not like it, nature comes first. Oh, and taboos on unhealthy sexuality exist in my religion too (believe it or not).

    Dec 7, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Sex, Politics, and Religion

    Uh huh. But WHY is it illegal, WHY do taboos exist. There is a reason for everything.

    Dec 7, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Women's Self Defense

    So then, zel, you believe some men are destined to become rapists no matter what? And if they think it's unfair, maybe someone ought to remind them that the classes ...

    Dec 7, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Sex, Politics, and Religion

    It's taboo to sleep with a sibling or a parent because it puts you into sexual competition with the family unit, on which human society thrives.

    Dec 7, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Do you have a phobia?

    Nope. I had OCD and ADD in elementary school before every child was diagnosed with ADD and OCD. Besides, I'm neurotic to a point that sometimes it's hard for me ...

    Dec 7, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Women's Self Defense

    Why?

    Dec 7, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Women's Self Defense

    Agree or Disagree: Based off of current rape/assault statistics: Women's self-defense should be a required PE/Health credit for all middle school and highschool aged women. They must pass in order ...

    Dec 7, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Sex, Politics, and Religion

    Actually Bobo, women are instinctually attracted to men who are larger than they are. Women are also instinctually drawn to a$$holes, but that's another issue entirely.

    Dec 7, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Do you have a phobia?

    Here we go. I'm: arachnephobic--afraid of spiders demophobic--afraid of large crowds ligyrophobic--afraid of loud noises enetophobic--afraid of needles I'm sure there's more, I just can't think of the

    Dec 6, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Can you Touch Type?

    Ya think? 75-95 for me. Faster if I'm inspired or know what it is I'm writing about. Slower when I'm tired or thinking too much.

    Dec 6, 2005


I have hated words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right.
— Markus Zusak, The Book Thief