User avatar

Galatea

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Polyamory

    What is "normal", then? Tell me, please? The designation of what is "normal" exists in this country for two reasons. 1) To keep people under control and 2) To keep ...

    May 13, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Why do some schools have better education than others?

    The public school system in the US is a disaster. Property taxes usually go to fund schools, but they aren't lumped together and then divided equally. So, the richer the ...

    May 12, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Polyamory

    I find it interesting that the same people complaining about how we always say that society is to blame are the same people citing society's distaste for polyamory as reason ...

    May 12, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Death Penalty

    The trouble is, for people like that, death isn't a deterrent or a punishment, either. I honestly have no idea what do about people who are so sick.

    May 12, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Polyamory

    Amazingly enough, Griff basically took the words right out of my mouth. Societal conditioning leads us to the conclusion that polyamory is unacceptable, there is no other reason.

    May 11, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Polyamory

    Since were on the topic of love and sex recently, I thought it might be interesting to discuss polyamory as well. Polyamory (from Greek πολυ [poly, meaning many or several] ...

    May 10, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Is freedom of speech a bad thing?

    Freedom of Speech is incredibly important. I don't know how it could possibly be considered bad.

    May 10, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Hedonism

    How can enjoying God's creation to the fullest extent I am able harm Him in any way??

    May 8, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Sex Before Marriage

    But, based on what you've said, our "choice" is a joke. I think "do x or burn for eternity" isn't much of a choice. It's so coercive. Like torture methods, ...

    May 8, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Sex Before Marriage

    I find that metaphor grossly simplistic. Plus, there are too many holes. If we're getting technical, shepherd's don't create wolves to hunt their sheep. God did.

    May 7, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Pornography

    There is a line, thunder, between wanting to and finding it arousing and actually performing something you see in a porn. Intent and act are not the same thing.

    May 6, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Pornography

    The ONLY reason people ever feel guilty about watching porn is because we have put such a huge stigma on it. I often feel embarrassed about enjoying porn, not because ...

    May 6, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Pornography

    The rape one I don't even agree as a fantasy... I'm not going into why... but rape isn't beautiful, sexy, arousing or even hot.... it sick degrading filth... If I ...

    May 6, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Pornography

    Sex isn't "cherished" in our society, its stigmatized. One of the ways we can escape this stigmatizm is by not censoring any form of human sexuality. If you don't like ...

    May 6, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Pornography

    Porn addiction might ruin homes, but I have found pornography to be a perfectly reasonable addition to any sex life. For example, couples can watch pornography together and see what ...

    May 6, 2008


But what about second breakfast?
— Peregrin Took