User avatar

Galatea

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Bisexuality: straight, gay, or lying?

    Griff is right. Sexual preference and love are not the same thing. I don't like to call myself bisexual, because people like to make wild assumptions about what that means ...

    Jun 24, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Animal Rights

    Surprisingly enough, I agree with a round about way. An over all attitude change in going to be absolutely necessary in this country (America) for any positive change to occur. ...

    Jun 23, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Jordan's Sonnet

    Okay, so, for starters, I never, ever write sonnets. Its just not my style. I love them, but writing them is not something I've ever been skilled at. That being ...

    Jun 18, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Children's Lit v. Adult Lit

    That's all well and good, thunder, but Incan has already pointed out that many books span age groups. Harry Potter is a great example. I know many "adult" who enjoyed ...

    Jun 17, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Shadow Dancing

    wiseman... Thank you for the review. The cigarettes I refer to in the poem are called Djarum Black. They are known as "Blacks" in the smoking community. They contain cloves, ...

    Jun 10, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Propaganda

    Propaganda is never a good thing, because it encourages blind faith in a cause. Whether that cause is good or bad doesn't matter. Blind faith in anything is never a ...

    May 27, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Shadow Dancing

    Draft 2! To address a couple of concerns: Punctuation- I ignored periods on purpose because I wanted the piece to be one long image, not a series of smaller ones. ...

    May 25, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Sexual relationships in universities

    I'm not changing my vocabulary because a few people here don't understand some of the words I use. It's good for you to have to look up words, it means ...

    May 25, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Sexual relationships in universities

    Why five years? That seems rather arbitrary to me.

    May 24, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Recent supreme court decision re gay marriage, I'm confused.

    While there has been a dramatic increase of acceptance of same-sex marriage in Canada preceding the enactment of The Civil Marriage Act in 2005; it should be noted that the ...

    May 22, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Shadow Dancing

    First poem after a long break. Be gentle, but firm. ** NOTE: THIS IS DRAFT 2! On the wall, two shadows stand staggered In the silence of the eleventh hour, ...

    May 16, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: 08' Presidential Elections

    I don't feel like they're split anymore. I think, if anything, the Democrats are talking, which is extremely important to party unity. If McCain wins, I'm moving to Canada. I ...

    May 16, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Should we invade Burma?

    How would we fund another invasion? Where would we get the man power? How could we possibly manage such a thing? Its at the very least completely impractical. (Incidentally, my ...

    May 14, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Sex Before Marriage

    I have had a lot of sex. I mean, a LOT of sex. And I have never found myself comparing partners or wondering if I meet someone's expectation. I just ...

    May 14, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Why do some schools have better education than others?

    khfan, people aren't poor because they're lazy. Poor =/= Lazy. That's the dangerous mentality. And certainly, the children of those at poverty level deserve the chance to rise above their ...

    May 13, 2008


Some people file their [tax] returns inside of a dead fish.
— John Oliver