User avatar

Galatea

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Bible: Literal or Allegory?

    I retract my statement about Biblical literalists and modify it: "You can't argue with most literalists, they tend to be irrational people." I feel as though people spend too much ...

    Jul 9, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Is it possible to make an original story?

    "Originality" is something that all writers struggle with. If its yours, and you make it your style and your story, there's no reason it can't be original. But it has ...

    Jul 9, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Novel Writing Freeware

    I found it completely by accident, actually. I'm glad you like it!

    Jul 9, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Bible: Literal or Allegory?

    Flemzo, literalists cannot be argued with. They're pretty irrational. I can't figure out how looking at the Bible as myth and allegory makes you a bad Christian, or not a ...

    Jul 9, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Novel Writing Freeware

    Fantastic. Very helpful in organizing your thoughts and keeping everything in one location. And its free! I just love it!!

    Jul 9, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Bible: Literal or Allegory?

    The Bible was used to justify slavery just as often as it was used to speak out against it. I don't even know that God did much freeing. God help ...

    Jul 7, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Bible: Literal or Allegory?

    Just like the Greek myths, the Bible is a series of stories that have been used over centuries to explain the world that surrounds humanity. We do not like what ...

    Jul 7, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: Prose That Makes Me Puke

    Early J.K. Rowling. Early Stephen King. I loved Terry Goodkind when I was in high school. I recent reread the Sword of Truth and wanted to smash my face in. ...

    Jun 26, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: untitled b

    echo clinks of water on chains of concrete forming slivers of the false world fake which can't sing you in your silver shoes with the silver rain leaving metallic stains ...

    Jun 26, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: whatever title you want

    Icaruss isn't wrong, but his post was. I encourage people to speak kindly to each other here, because one nasty sarcastic comment can completely stop a young writer from flourishing.

    Jun 26, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Breathing

    Excellent piece. The rhyme really works here, except in a few places. But I'll get to that... "Breathing roams through me no more." -The syntax of this line is screwy, ...

    Jun 26, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: My -Unknown- Friend?

    When I wake up in the morning You’re right beside me, You awake when I awake (Interesting choice here. I don't like it, heh. You might try "You're awake when ...

    Jun 26, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: whatever title you want

    Icaruss- Rude. Just plain rude. This forum is for thoughtful, constructive criticism. Not irritating sarcasm and getting your jerk on. MADD- You have an excellent feel for rhyme and rhythm, ...

    Jun 26, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Together?

    You create a lovely image here, but I would encourage you, just as an exerciese, to rewrite it without the rhythm and rhyme. Why, you ask? I feel very strongly ...

    Jun 26, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: What should we do with Mugabe and Zimbabwe?

    Technically speaking, the United States isn't a true democracy. We're a republic, its different.

    Jun 24, 2008


A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship.
— Markus Zusak, The Book Thief