User avatar

Galatea

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Security in Schools

    No, I understand teaching English. I want to do that, so I can move to money and make the beaucoup...yuan. I don't (and have never) understood the absolute need to ...

    Oct 9, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Pledge

    That's no fun. I would make a huge stink. But that's me.

    Oct 9, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Security in Schools

    Someone explain mission work like that to me, please. I don't get it.

    Oct 9, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Why, mods, why?

    And yet the same messages have appeared in places aside from the debate forum. Debates, or any discussion, are at their best when there is passion to them. What seems ...

    Oct 8, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Hey, Slavs!

    I'm mostly Czech with Austrian, Scottish and Italian thrown in for good measure ^_~.

    Oct 8, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Security in Schools

    *sigh* See, I've been to China. I've studied it a great deal. The baby-girl thing is going away. Mostly, they're put up for adoption. Besides, if you get caught abandoning ...

    Oct 8, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Conspiracy Theories

    I thought actually witch hunts (as in, the burning times, actually looking for WITCHES) were over a LONG time ago.

    Oct 8, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Conspiracy Theories

    LOL. Right you are! I get really mad at Gothic kids who wander around sporting inverted pentacles and inverted crosses. Especially when they have no concept of what it means ...

    Oct 8, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Conspiracy Theories

    The best conspiracies are the ones that have a little spark of truth to them, or are plausible enough to keep you thinking, "Huh, maybe that IS the case..."

    Oct 8, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Security in Schools

    I'm moving to China. At least that way, I'll know what rules do and do not apply. I won't have to guess.

    Oct 8, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Favorite Artwork

    Yeah. The sunflowers has always been my favorite. I enjoy a good late Monet, after he was going blind. When I was in Edinbourogh (sp?) I saw several charcoal sketches ...

    Oct 8, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Security in Schools

    I work at an elementary school daycare, at the same school where my mother teaches teh BD/ED class (behavioral disordered/emotionally disturbed). We both know, first hand, that the only thing ...

    Oct 8, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Favorite Artwork

    I have two. Both Van Gogh. AND I've seen both, in person. The self-portrait brought me to tears. I'm not that strange, I promise.

    Oct 8, 2006
  • Official Polls Re: What's your strongest element?

    Themes. I have a tendency to write in vague, colorful impressions. I like to maintain themes throughout, it makes my life much easier.

    Oct 6, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Shakespeare Style

    Honey, you can't take critiques personally. I said it makes you come across as ignorant...I never said you were. Bob suggested italicising the Shakespeare lines so you don't get accused ...

    Oct 6, 2006


if you're going to commit food crimes be civilized
— Moonlily