User avatar

Galatea

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: 9/11

    Right, but is the smiley really necessary? Or appropriate? And it must have affected you somehow. Did you feel sad? Happy? Concerned? Has American foreign policy touched your life? You ...

    Nov 15, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Feeling Possessive of Books?

    I adored my lit courses in highschool--but then, I was blessed with very good teachers. Yes, I get terribly possessive of books. Especially the lit books. I loved The Great ...

    Nov 15, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Scholarship Stories

    I have two stories to write. Ideally, they could be the same, but I would prefer they were not. The trouble I'm having is getting started. Well, and thinking up ...

    Nov 15, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: 9/11

    My older brother spent 10 months in Iraq. That's pretty substantial. Since my family wasn't directly affected by the attacks, I don't feel as though the event itself changed me ...

    Nov 15, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Pledge

    Teulf--read his post again. He says that 'under God' was added to separate ourselves from the communists. Now that the Cold War is over, there is no need for that ...

    Nov 15, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Hussein Sentenced to Death

    We're not discussing appeasement. I'm not even sure how that word got brought up. No one is trying to appease Sadaam. No one denies that he commited some pretty atrocious ...

    Nov 12, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Make Up The Worst Possible Opening Line Ever

    Sureal...that's sure a helluvalot of "f"s. this is my story and its long and tragic and its just like the 1 out of shakespeer u know the 1 with the ...

    Nov 11, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: Helpful Ideas

    I write to Dave Matthew's almost exclusively. I find something very fascinating about their music. It's colored wonderfully. Plus, its neutral enough that I don't get too caught up in ...

    Nov 10, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: Post your wordcount!

    Don't you have school...or something?

    Nov 9, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: Losing interest?

    I've always believed that if you get bored with your story, you're not telling the right one. Ask yourself: Why do I need to share this world? What is special ...

    Nov 8, 2006
  • Randomosity Re: I just realized!

    Lamalama- on Galatea's teh r0x0rs computer: I was born on all saints day, and was nearly named Papieluzko, as he was executed that day. Luckily for me, and my relatively ...

    Nov 3, 2006
  • Randomosity Re: I HATE THE DUMB PEOPLE AT MY SCHOOL!!!

    Lamalama- on our gracious and beautiful Galatea's computer: Over half the kids are failing? I find this statistic hard to believe. While I do so hate the NCLB act, I ...

    Nov 3, 2006
  • Randomosity Re: Don't You Love It When...

    Lama, your first post is terrifying. But well written. You really ought to write more, you know.

    Nov 2, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: All Souls

    The only thing that confuses me is the moon's 'gender'. You refer to it as 'he', after referring to it as pregnant. Is this intentional?

    Nov 1, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Sony being investigated for Anti-Trust

    They deserve to go out of business. I'm sick of coroporations breaking the law and getting away with it.

    Oct 31, 2006


No one achieves anything alone.
— Leslie Knope