User avatar

Galatea

  • NovMo Archives Re: Sex Scene

    Is the scene absolutely necessary to the story? 'Cause if it makes you too uncomfortable, you can ditch it, or imply that it happened without writing the whole thing. Rape ...

    Oct 20, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: A male's opinion

    I think you would find my current course fascinating, Meepster. It's Feminist Theory and Theatre. Very interesting. On to the discussion... I believe it is impossible to deny that we ...

    Oct 19, 2007
  • NovMo Archives Re: My NaNoWriMo

    In his novel "On Writing" (I'm obsessed, I know), Stephen King writes: "I distrust plot for two reasons: first, because our lives are largely plotless, even when you add in ...

    Oct 19, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Description- describing facial expressions

    Read Stephen King's "On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft". It's the most useful text on writing that I have ever read. Be careful not to bog your reader down ...

    Oct 18, 2007
  • NovMo Archives Re: Naming your characters...

    Now, I appreciate the interesting name as much as the next gal. However, there are some names (a la HP Lovecraft) that are simply unacceptable to use. When naming characters ...

    Oct 16, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Cliche Fantasy

    Sword of Truth series is ridiculous. Its seriously the same story for nine books. Yeeeuch! I LOATH Eragon, too. The film was especially wretched. (Except I adore Jeremy Irons as ...

    Oct 15, 2007
  • NovMo Archives Re: What's your NaNo 2007 about?

    Title: (I hate titling things before they're written, so it's 'untitled' for now.) Genre: Fantasy/Romance Summary: The story tracks the budding romance between two college women. The couple soon disco

    Oct 14, 2007
  • Randomosity Archive Re: Corrupt a Wish 2

    Granted, but three years into your career you blow your chords due to poor technique. I wish I wasn't allergic to bees.

    Oct 13, 2007
  • NovMo Archives Re: NaNo profile links

    ^.^ My first NaNo year!

    Oct 11, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Sex

    Thank you, Evangelina. spokefor: Why can't I believe in a Goddess and Evolution at the same time? Paganism is great, because I don't HAVE to believe what my fellows believe, ...

    Oct 10, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Gay Rights

    spokenfor, what your G-d says is a gray area for me. In fact, a lot of the Bible is gray. THIS IS NOT A THEOCRACY Therefore, I should not have ...

    Oct 10, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Sex

    spokenfor -- How can you commit adultery if you aren't married? Can you explain that to me, I'm confused on this point. The creation story I offered up is out ...

    Oct 9, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: List of taboo writing words

    "I believe the road to hell is paved with adverbs." -Stephen King Any descriptive ending in -ly should be removed from your writing immediately. If you're doing your job as ...

    Oct 8, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Bible: An Idol?

    We all dont understand the King James Version just like we all dont play gutar. There is substantial evidence amongst English scholars indicating that Shakespeare may have had a hand ...

    Oct 7, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Gay Rights

    we cant pick what biblical morals to live by. We have to strive to live by all of them. Do you eat kosher? If you aren't obeying the food laws ...

    Oct 7, 2007


If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
— Woodrow Wilson