User avatar

Galatea

  • Writing Tips Re: historical fiction: how much can I fudge?

    Even seen Shakespeare in Love ? Of COURSE you can fudge history. Just don't make the faux pas that Mr. Brown did ( The Davinci Code , amyone) and pretend ...

    Nov 1, 2007
  • NovMo Archives Re: NanoWriMo '07-First Sentences

    Her eyes were the same colour as overwhelming; the kind of thoughtful sharpness that sees everything.

    Nov 1, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Existence of God

    How do you know God is a man? Seems to me the business of creation belongs to women.

    Oct 29, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Existence of God

    The point of that is:if you don't believe in God, then what is there to believe in? It was more of a thinking-out-loud thing than an actual arguement. I read ...

    Oct 28, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Dumbledore is Gay?

    Like I said, I think people freaked out because a beloved character, a mentor and supporter is gay! It would be like Mr. Rogers or Bill Nye the Science Guy ...

    Oct 28, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Stephen King No Plot Debate

    Planning does not equal plotting. Now, remember guys, Stephen isn't telling everyone how to write. He's saying what he believes about writing and what works for him. I happen to ...

    Oct 27, 2007
  • NovMo Archives Re: Naming your characters...

    The names in my current project fluctuate often. I surprised myself today at how diverse they are. Granted, the story takes place across time and planes of existence, but still... ...

    Oct 26, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Dumbledore is Gay?

    ...regarding out beloved headmaster. Some of the best discussions I've had arose from tangents. Since the Dumbledore debate is bound to spark tangental conversation, I thought it would be nice ...

    Oct 24, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Dumbledore = Gay

    I don't feel that she's targeting anyone, really. Five year olds get read to by their parents, right? If the 'rents don't like it, they can...well...not read the books! Parents ...

    Oct 24, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church

    Disgusting. It should be considered child abuse, what they do to their children. I don't have words for how terrible I find this behavior.

    Oct 24, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Dumbledore = Gay

    Because five-six years old don't need to discover homosexuality through Harry Potter. I'm sick of this attitude in the world that says you should put some sort of reference to ...

    Oct 24, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Dumbledore = Gay

    magiclukehutch, have we met before? Because unless we have, I'm a little irritated that you find me annoying without even having met me. I think what is at the core ...

    Oct 23, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Nebraska State Senator Sues God

    I like the idea. Is no one else concerned with the thought of the words 'rape' and 'victim' being disallowed in sexual harassment cases, however? The girl didn't try to ...

    Oct 22, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Dumbledore = Gay

    Sorry, but why is this a big deal? Even if Rowling gave a straight answer, why on earth should Dumbledore's sexuality affect who he is? Its something I have never ...

    Oct 22, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: What's the weirdest book you've ever read?

    I'm with Suzanne on this one. House of Leaves , hands down.

    Oct 20, 2007


i don't need to search the stars to know myself
— soundofmind