User avatar

Galatea

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Political Correctness - Yay or Nay?

    I think political correctness has its place, but often it is completely over used and definitly used against people. For example, I (as a white person) cannot use the word ...

    Dec 6, 2004
  • Other Poetry Re: Up at night

    Oh dear...here we go.... Days gone by Nights have flied------------(flown? fled? flied isn't a word, dear) Wishes have been dreamt Prayers left unsaid Everyone is sleeping Everyone but you Creeping ...

    Dec 5, 2004
  • Other Poetry Re: Divine Inspiration

    Beautiful. It reminds me of Francesca Lia Block's Primavera . A book I highly recommend to any and all teen poets. I'm sure there are flaws, but I won't be ...

    Dec 5, 2004
  • Other Poetry Re: Suzhou

    *bump* forgive me!!

    Dec 5, 2004
  • Other Poetry Re: Toys

    I feel as though part of your problem with rhythm is steming from your repition of the last words in the first and second lines of each stanza. It makes ...

    Dec 5, 2004
  • Other Poetry Re: Something We ll Never Understand.

    I'm not sure I understand the point you are trying to get across. All of these juxtapositions simply confuse me. You're right. It is something we'll never understand. I agree ...

    Dec 5, 2004
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Ford or Chevy?

    Neither. Can I write in a candidate? I hate American cars. In 18 years, our little Subaru hatchback has never let us down. I vote Subaru!

    Dec 5, 2004
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Banned books

    Banning books is a nice, easy way for the religious right to keep everyone else uneducated and in a nice, neat, little package. Ignorance is easier to control. Conspiracy theories ...

    Dec 5, 2004
  • Lounge, The Re: roleplay

    Is anyone here interested in message board role playing? I think it's fabulous, personally. Lemme know! I'd be happy to facilitate and GM a game here...or whatever!! Or we can ...

    Dec 5, 2004
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: English or Western.

    english

    Dec 5, 2004
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Racism

    . . . You are who you are. Why should you care if people look at you differently because of your interests or the colour of your skin? It is ...

    Dec 5, 2004
  • Other Poetry Re: Very offensive sorry -tad

    Tongue in cheek. I like it. There are a few places that are weird rythmically, but I'll look to those when I have more time. Ever see the movie But ...

    Dec 4, 2004
  • Other Poetry Re: Suzhou

    Thanks Grimm, you're too good to me ^.^ I'm sure there are flaws, but it always helps to get outside opinions . . . More more more more more more!! ...

    Dec 3, 2004
  • Other Poetry Re: Suzhou

    Translation: Zhe ge duo yao bu wo de . . . Ni ai ni de jia ma? Ni zui ai Zhongguo ma? Zhen de. How much want isn't mine . ...

    Dec 3, 2004
  • Other Poetry Re: Suzhou

    More stream of conciousness poetry. This one is about a little town I visited in China this past summer. It made me sad. I'll translate the little bit at the ...

    Dec 3, 2004


In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort.
— JRR Tolkien