User avatar

Galatea

  • Lounge, The Re: Procrastinate anyone?

    I'm a HUGE procrastinator, however...I don't work well with more than a day and a half to get everything done.

    Mar 26, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Nate's Hypothetical Situation #1

    Never. It's a) too risky and b) sounds like a con. They can't have my poetry if I don't get paid first.

    Mar 26, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The right religion

    In his essay "Circles", Ralph Waldo Emerson wonders at what would happen if every person had the same understandings. There would be no words to suffer, he says. Can you ...

    Mar 26, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Security in Schools

    I am from Colorado, and in the aftermath of the Columnbine shooting, every single precaution was possibly made...unfortunately, metal detectors and random locker searches don't stop kids from getting

    Mar 25, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The right religion

    Truth is relative.

    Mar 25, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Sex and Marriage - 16+ please

    Uhm...I don't think masturbation is sex. Every form of sexual interaction is certainly NOT sex. Sexual exploration is an integral part of growing up mature. At the Summerhill school, started ...

    Mar 24, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Equal rights for homosexuals

    While it is the job of the government to dictate rules and a suggested moral code, it is NOT the job of the government to dictate such things within a ...

    Mar 23, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Sex and Marriage - 16+ please

    There seems to be little distinction between sex and the "other stuff" going on here. So sex aside, what is/is not acceptable, and at what age? I ask again, are ...

    Mar 23, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Favorite Ancient Civilization

    faves, in this order The Chinese The Celts/very early Ireland Renaissance Japan (11th century) I know it doesnt count...but I'm fascinated by Renaissance Europe, specifically Italy and England

    Mar 22, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Sex and Marriage - 16+ please

    Sex is addictive to some people. Especially if you're younger. But there is a line of maturity that one must cross before one is ready to have sexual relations. Those ...

    Mar 21, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Plato SUCKS

    One can only read the allegory of the cave so many times before it makes one want to vomit...

    Mar 21, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Sex and Marriage - 16+ please

    Why, thank you Bobo. Qi, you already know this, but your reply was incredibly profound. And very beautifully written.

    Mar 19, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Death Penalty. Right Or Wrong?

    It's called a tangent, Hunter. Calm, honey.

    Mar 19, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The right religion

    If you are homosexual, that's what you are. The person and the 'sin' are inrrevocably tied to eachother. How can you love a person despite the very thing that makes ...

    Mar 19, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Sex and Marriage - 16+ please

    Not to be cynical...but planning on staying together forever and actually being together forever are very different issues... I suppose I can use my current relationship to illustrate my theories ...

    Mar 19, 2005


I always knew that deep down in every human heart, there is mercy and generosity. No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
— Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom