-
Re: Trimming the idea hedge
If you have too many ideas, chuck them in an ideas box (a shoebox or something like that). That way, you can save all the good stuff for when you ...
Dec 29, 2008 -
Re: Question about copyright
Why do you need the lyrics anyway? Are they absolutely crucial to the story or reveal something absolutely crucial about a character? If they are, go for it! Otherwise, ditch ...
Dec 29, 2008 -
Re: Need Help Writing a Basic Review?
Yeah, great work! :D Additional tip: Quotations from the story always help. Focus on several snippets or short gobbets that you can base the main points of your review around.
Dec 29, 2008 -
Re: I need an idea (NOW!)
It's not disastrous! Anything can happen in the world of fiction. You just have to make us as readers buy into the fiction.
Dec 27, 2008 -
Re: I need an idea (NOW!)
I would love a good ghost story! I haven't heard/seen/read that many that really send a shiver down your spine!
Dec 26, 2008 -
Re: Never can seem to finish ):
Why not try writing back to front? Or write the beginning and ending first and then the middle? You don't have to write the story in the order it will ...
Dec 23, 2008 -
Re: Prologue help
You could pose questions: Why is this character in this place at this time? Who are they going to kill? What is their motivation? (Not literally, of course, but things ...
Dec 23, 2008 -
Re: world creating
Pretend you're making a documentary series about the world and write what you would include. Alternatively, write an encyclopaedia for your world. Think about history, geography, culture, literature,
Dec 20, 2008 -
Re: ideas...
Ask the question "What if...?" or "What would it be like to...?" once a day. Write for five minutes. Who knows, you might find the germ of an idea buried ...
Dec 13, 2008 -
Re: Editing
1. Get another person (preferably someone with a mild interest in writing like your dear self) to look at it. 2. Use spellchecker/grammar functions on Word (bit mechanical, I find, ...
Dec 13, 2008 -
Re: Dealing with difficult themes in competitions
I'm entering for a poetry competition next year and the theme is 'Doubt.' It's quite a complex but interesting topic; how would you tackle it, or difficult themes in general?
Dec 13, 2008 -
Re: Outline?
The characters generally come to me first and then the plot. I don't really know much about the people until I start writing; I tend to concentrate more on the ...
Dec 11, 2008 -
Re: Getting a story finished
Never think that the idea is silly. Not for one moment. If you don't believe in the fiction, neither will the audience. "Yes, Cinderella, you can go to the ball. ...
Nov 26, 2008 -
Re: 911 Writer's Block
Looks awesome! Cheers Griff!
Nov 21, 2008 -
Re: Extreme Writer's Block
Vomit write. Make up silly stuff, nonsense. The idea is not to focus on getting good stuff on the page, but to get you writing in the first place!
Nov 18, 2008
